Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Locked Out/Twice/Still Locked Out

wrongagain Guest

I should have mentioned that mine does that also.
    Power up the 12/24 switches and door relocks

Default Locked

LOL, hell, I am not even clear on how I could get locked out of mine with an air lock, I don't travel with critters, and my arms are not that long

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    Ok JJ, then if you were locked out of your bus with the Air Lock on, how would you regain entry if you had keys to all doors and bays???

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Try this on for size Warren.

You fire up your bus after it has been sitting for a while and you have no air pressure. Unknown to you somehow your air lock button is pushed in.
    After starting you go back out and close the door behind you to do whatever and when the bus gets sufficiant air the darn thing locks.

Gremlins......... they are everywhere.

So the only real fix is to keep the pax slider slightly ajar until you are on the road.....don't forget to reverse the sequence when you stop. It's either that or a disconnect.

John

Question Possibly The Real Fix

Two solutions for the two problems as seen from the outside, might be:

To prevent pets , and or accidentally activating the air lock; Change out the flip switch for a key type switch. It is unlikely that a dog would/could turn it. In case you had a monkey or child, you could remove the key.

If you don't like that, then you might wire in an external key switch in the exterior compartment below the toll window. This would work to over ride the switch in the driver position.

JIM

Actually Jim is on to something. An owner could install a pair of switches in any spot known to him to lock or unlock the dead bolt and/or the air lock.

It could be located in the steer compartment out of the weather, behind the bumper or anywhere accessible if the locks were accidently activated from the inside by a child or pet. In fact I think Jim's idea ought to be picked up by the converters and made standard.

Then Mango and JDUB could vandalize everybody's coach.

But Jon, you could even go further and install fake switches in somewhat obvious locations..... while the "real" ones remain hidden.

Pranksters would have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out why the "found" switches did nothing...... or better yet, the "found" switches activate a screaming siren! Just to let the world know that someone is searching for a way in

I am having the windshield replaced this coming Tuesday at Prevost Jacksonville. They have both the passengers side window and a the rubber frame on hand for the replacement.

Question: Do I need to replace the entire rubber frame. Is it not necessary or would it provide a better result overall.

PS> I went to the Bus yesterday to do some odds an ends. Went inside and heard a noise. Located it in the upper passengers side cabinet over the entry door. It was the security alarm making a continuous loud sound. I had not armed the system, but when I opened the door there it was. I simply armed the door with the FOB and waited a minute and then did it again and the noise went away. I am starting to think that my problem is with the remote locking and alarm system. It seems to have a mind of its own, Next project I guess.

Bruce,

Check your voltage of your chassis battery. If it is only about 24V the alarm will think that somebody is trying to disconnect the cables, and it will activate by him self. I had alarms wired that way in my previous buses, and also right now in my 2000 Royale.

Alek

Rereading this thread makes me wonder if the air lock is there for security or just to hold the door tightly shut during transist? I have turned my air lock on at night, but my son and law had no problem push open the door to go out, much to my surprise.
    Greg