Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Locked Out/Twice/Still Locked Out

Bruce, apples and oranges are being mixed up here because it sounds like your responses and your posts are talking about different systems.

Apparently some alarm or locking systems which use the key fob engage the air lock because that seems to be what you are describing. If your key fob does engage the air lock as it sounds you need to get to the bottom of what it takes to disable the air lock.

You are also apparently mixing up house and chassis systems. The air lock is almost always a Prevost feature and it is powered by aux air and controlled by a chassis powered solenoid valve. Your description of the situation however leads me to believe your converter made that lock a part of the alarm/locking system so there is likely crossover between the house and chassis.

Generally, when we have a key fob type locking system or a key pad locking system or a combination of the two it is a house powered system, and it actuates the deadbolt. This system is unaffected by the removal of power to it and the only way to unlock the deadbolt is to use the key in the door, use the key fob, or to gain access to the coach and release the deadbolt from the inside by pushing a button or turning the small knob on the door.

If your air lock is part of the house and part of the chassis you need to understand clearly what you are dealing with because neither Prevost, POG members and possibly your converter are going to understand that you have something weird. The advice you have already been given in this thread by POG members and by Prevost have been correct relative to what is a normal locking arrangement.

Default Marathon

Bruce, FWIW I have #417, and the keyfob driven locking mechanism has nothing to do with the air lock. It engages the deadbolt.

Nice touch on the waterboarding

Quote Originally Posted by jello_jeep View Post
    Bruce, FWIW I have #417, and the keyfob driven locking mechanism has nothing to do with the air lock. It engages the deadbolt.

Nice touch on the waterboarding
    Ok JJ, then if you were locked out of your bus with the Air Lock on, how would you regain entry if you had keys to all doors and bays???

Bruce.....

LISTEN UP! The air lock on just about every single coach I have ever heard of is disabled as has been described in this thread.

There is not a key in the world that will open the door if the air lock is engaged.

If the dead bolt is engaged messing with the air lock will not unlock the door. Two separate locking systems that you are making sound like they are somehow combined or intermixed on your coach. If they are mixed together you have a unique problem that is totally alien to anything ever previously discussed. You need to sort out exactly what you have.

wrongagain Guest

That is what it does on mine.
    I never tried them separately, but I posted the question here at one point,...
    If I am in the coach and I drop dead in the bus with the air lock on, does my wife call an ambulance or does she call a wrecker to rip the door off the bus.
    The answer was to shut off the 12/24 switches.
    So I had her go in the coach and lock the air switch.
    I then tried to open the door to be sure it was locked, it was.
    Then I went back shut off the 2 switches and the air lock released by the time I walked the 40 ft back to the door and was able to open it normally.
    thats my story.

Quote Originally Posted by wrongagain View Post
    That is what it does on mine.
    I never tried them separately, but I posted the question here at one point,...
    If I am in the coach and I drop dead in the bus with the air lock on, does my wife call an ambulance or does she call a wrecker to rip the door off the bus.
    The answer was to shut off the 12/24 switches.
    So I had her go in the coach and lock the air switch.
    I then tried to open the door to be sure it was locked, it was.
    Then I went back shut off the 2 switches and the air lock released by the time I walked the 40 ft back to the door and was able to open it normally.
    thats my story.
    Hi Ed,

If I die in my coach, my wife will have the wrecker truck take the coach directly to the grave yard and have both of us buried without a stop at the funeral home.

I plan to try your test 12/24 again today, with the window open a crack as I will be alone on this test. Let you know how it turns out. I probably will forget the window part.

Bruce,
    Quit trying to beat the funeral director out of his fair share!!

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Bruce,
    Denny, Good one !

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Bruce,
    Sorry Denny, Pam is always trying to save $. I will have her take the bus to your home, but she will expect the POG discount. Just tell her the whole things on you, she never know that you kept the bus.

Default Un-lock worked!

Just to add my experience, I locked the front door air lock with the switch on the dash. Our bus has 2 switches, one on the dash as well as one on the panel of switches by the passenger seat, that turns the air lock on or off.

With the air lock in the "locked" position, I then shut off both the 12 and 24 volt switches in the engine compartment. The door unlocked.

I then went back to the 12 and 24 volt switches, placed them back in the "ON" position, and the front door re-locked!

This had absolutely nothing to do with either the dead bolt lock and/or the use of the key fob remote.

I'm guessing that my Liberty is set up in a pretty much standard way as far as this issue is concerned.

Just wanting to confirm that the air lock can be defeated by using the chassis battery disconnect switches.