Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Locked Out/Twice/Still Locked Out

Default Locked Out/Twice/Still Locked Out

Pam and I have our Bus in Juno Beach Florida while we get ready to head out for the summer.

Today we were doing some chores around the Bus, including washing the Bus. We had the dog (Miniature Dachsund ) outside. She was unhappy so Pam put her inside and shut the door. She went back to the door to go in and it was locked. I tried everything but it was very locked. I concluded that the dog had jumped up on the passengers seat and placed her little foot on the SMX pad to the right of the seat and hit the Door Lock (Air Door). I pulled out the ladder and looked through the window and there she was sitting quietly in the passengers seat.

I therefore concluded after a few unpleasant words that I was screwed, and the only way was to remove the front windshield. I proceeded to do so, with more than a little discomfort and with a less than satisfactory result I removed it cracked in two places, but in one piece. I crawled in and opened the door Lock (Air Door) and opened the door.

I than went about the process of placing the window back in the rubber frame and secured it so that it was water tight and would allow me to go to Prevost Jacksonville for replacement on my way out of Florida, could be worse I guess.

Got everything cleaned up, closed the bays and checked on the inside. I walked out side and locked the doors to go home. Pam said you forgot to lock the bays, so I went to unlock the door and it would not unlock, it appears that the Air Door lock had activated again, how is this possible???

What could we have done to have the air door locks activate without
    anyone from the inside pressing the button.

Needless to say that I am back where I started from and will have to attack this tomorrow morning, what can I do?

I have never used the FOB, black #1, #2 buttons for security, do these devices activate the Air Locks???? Or do they just set the alarm.

I am sitting in my office with a beer in hand considering using a 10# hammer tomorrow, I could use some advice, how stupid am I ?? What am I missing here? Could my dog have set the door lock at the SMX board to automatically lock when the door is shut??

This really sucks. My wife said that we could have been in Montana at night in the winter, and I should be happy. I am trying to be happy but it is not working.

Jim_Scoggins Guest

I did the air lock caper in a SOB. I let all the air out of the coach using a fitting in the air quick disconnect and was able to get in.

Another guy, me, different coach was able to go up through the fuse panel, pushed the transmission shift assembly up and out, and a skinny armed lady was able to hit the switch with a cut off broom handle.

Been there
    Last edited by Jim_Scoggins; 05-26-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Cycle the 12 & 24 disconnect in the engine compartment and it will unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Cycle the 12 & 24 disconnect in the engine compartment and it will unlock.
    Thanks Tom and Jim.

I think that Pam is small enough to crawl though anything, but I do not have any access in the Marathon Fuse bay to the best of my knowledge.

I will try the 12/24 volt shut off to see if this opens the locks.

the bigger question here is how can this happen in the first place, after I already got into the coach and unlocked the dam thing once?? Is there some type of memory or something that needs to be reset.

Tomorrow the dog gets put to sleep or maybe Pam will have me put to sleep, either way we need to get to the root problem.

Thanks again, and i will report back.

I'm also very curious about this. Let me know if the 12/24 volt idea works. I locked myself out once. And my 4 year old, locked in, saved the day. I parked the coach, cut the 12V and 24V off for an extended parking, went back into the coach, closed the door, hit the air lock, and went to sleep. Next morning, I woke up, decided that I wanted to move the coach, opened the door (no I didn't disengage the air lock, so it never locked), went outside to turn 12V and 24V back on, did so, went back to the front door and it was locked. Rang the bell until I saw my 4 year old's little eyes peering out the window. She followed instructions very well. Got back in.

That could happen to anybody!

~Adam

The touch pad unlocks the door in my Coach. One of the very first things the Liberty folks told me when I walked with them on my new coach was to always have a set of keys with me outside of the coach. I try to remember that one point.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I have ty wrapped a set of keys outside of my coach just for this reason,I hope that I never need them.

Quote Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
    I have ty wrapped a set of keys outside of my coach just for this reason,I hope that I never need them.
    I had a set of keys in my hand and a set in the car. The keys were not the issue.

Are you suggesting that the keys will override the "Air Lock"??? Or should??

When I tried to unlock the door I was able to unlock the dead bolt but not the "Air Lock" that the dog set.

After I went in through the front windshield and opened the "Air Lock" I thought everything was fine.

Wrapped up my work for the day, cleaned up and went outside and locked the door again, and somehow the "Air Lock" reactivated again.

How can this happen when I did not reset it?????

Keys won't help with the air lock.

dalej Guest

On ours, the main chassis battery disconnect will disable the air door lock in the off position.