Thread: Locked Out/Twice/Still Locked Out

Hybrid View

I am having the windshield replaced this coming Tuesday at Prevost Jacksonville. They have both the passengers side window and a the rubber frame on hand for the replacement.

Question: Do I need to replace the entire rubber frame. Is it not necessary or would it provide a better result overall.

PS> I went to the Bus yesterday to do some odds an ends. Went inside and heard a noise. Located it in the upper passengers side cabinet over the entry door. It was the security alarm making a continuous loud sound. I had not armed the system, but when I opened the door there it was. I simply armed the door with the FOB and waited a minute and then did it again and the noise went away. I am starting to think that my problem is with the remote locking and alarm system. It seems to have a mind of its own, Next project I guess.

Bruce,

Check your voltage of your chassis battery. If it is only about 24V the alarm will think that somebody is trying to disconnect the cables, and it will activate by him self. I had alarms wired that way in my previous buses, and also right now in my 2000 Royale.

Alek

Rereading this thread makes me wonder if the air lock is there for security or just to hold the door tightly shut during transist? I have turned my air lock on at night, but my son and law had no problem push open the door to go out, much to my surprise.
    Greg

I know on the XL2 (after having issues getting mine TO work), it turns out that there are switches inline with the solenoid that if the door-latch is pulled, it opens the solenoid releasing the air lock.

Even more on the XL2, the solenoid will not engage unless the parking break is in the OFF position.

When parked there is a door lock button, but it simply engages the regular door latch, not the air latch.

Ray

I did not realize I had an air lock on my coach,is it the lock on the top of the door? Or do all coaches have an air lock?
    Bill

I believe that all XL2 at least around our vintage have an airlock on the door. When Kevin and I were trouble shooting ours (both had problems, different solutions), I downloaded the schematics from the Prevost website, so it was not converter specific.

The airlock on an XL2 is on the top of the door, on the rear side. It is protected from operating by three things, all of which can prevent the airlock from engaging.

1. The parking break must be OFF.
    2. There is a proximity sensor, that senses that the door is closed
    3. There is another sensor on the regular latch which will trip it, if the latch is pulled.

Kevin's wasn't working and it turned out to be an adjustment on switch #3 above.

Mine had actually been unplugged somewhere along the way, and once we re-plugged the switches in, the lock operated normally.

Ray

Greg,

If you lost your aux air, the air lock may have disengaged.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Greg,

If you lost your aux air, the air lock may have disengaged.
    My air lock on my coach hasn't worked since we got it. And now, the door latch mechanism won't catch tight (when closed, the door has some give/play). We examined the latch mechanism last weekend to try to find an adjustment, but came up empty. It does appear that the post on the door frame that the latch catches on is worn and we wonder if it needs replacing. I'd love to get the air lock working, but don't know where/how to start troubleshooting. It seems to me that it doen't even have power to the switch. Any suggestions about the air lock or the door latch? Or should I just take it to one of the recommended bus/conversion companies like Parliament? (We're taking the bus to Disney World next week and will be in the central Florida area 2/15 to 2/19)

Orren Zook Guest

Michael,

In addition to Parliament in Clearwater, you'll also be close to Millenium Coach (Sanford) while you're in Orlando and Marathon has a place in San Antonio Florida just off I-75 (exit 285, FL-52) then about a mile east of the Flying J. So you've got plenty of options for that door latch service.

Because of their knowledge of Vantare I would recommend Millennium. It sounds like the problem is the air door lock is not getting electrical power to the valve.