Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Win The Cooker! Maybe..

Chrome is temporary. Real bling is polished stainless. (Do you hear that CoBus?)

If chrome was so good Prevost would build an XL with chrome sides.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I doubt that this will be enough.

Lew ask me to post this Cooker pix. Expect his commentary after happy hour tonight.

LewA0536.jpg

Note VIP FMCA number. And he accuses Jeff of being a big shot.

MM
    Last edited by MangoMike; 08-21-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Just a little info for all you bling nut cases out there regarding the cooker! I have the Champion and it is great, but it is an oven, not a quick cooker. So if you do burgers (1 hour) if you do steaks (1 hour) if you do fish (1 hour). Never, never light it with the lid closed, a guy on the CC board went to the hospital with bad burns when it blew up.

I bought the tool box grill to replace the Champion and very happy. Sorry Jon, I already have one.. Na na na na na.. I think whoever wins the award will have to go through a very thorough check out process by the two POG supreme commanders to assure safety. The flame snuffer from Texas can stand by with his commercial equipment in case the bling award explodes.

OK, you've been warned, bling away................

lewpopp Guest

Thanks Mike for posting the cooker that Jeff let me use for a few weeks. Actually, it was very dirty when I rescued it and cleaned for an hour. Had trouble getting the proper draft to make it cook properly. Kept blowing out. The tool box is all one needs. Now I know why Parliament is giving it away.

As for bling, I'm sure with all the the suttle changes I made to my coach over the past 3 years, the cooker should be mine but no one needs 2. As a matter of fact, now one needs the award.

As for the "Big Shot" FMCA #, Just like the license plate, $25 and the right place in line. You spelled "Shot" wrong.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Oh, the Mendacity of Lew.

Although his posting is superfluous, it lacks the sufficiency of veracity to sustain further social intercourse on the topic.

Lew?

lewpopp Guest

If you noticed....I heated the cooker up and the Parliament plack fell off. Sorry. Jeff can give you a pair of his underware that he has with Parliament on all of them. Steve Mitchell told me he did, if you must know.

Chris and Debbie Yates Guest

Default On the subject of bling.

If you Google "bling" Wikipedia will give you the following:

The culture of ostentatious display of wealth was ingrained in street culture long before the 90's, however: it is thought that wearing expensive jewellery was the one way in which young previously impoverished men, who had acquired riches through crime, could be sure of holding on to their wealth by keeping it about their person. This marks out the wearer of such jewellery as a person with ghetto roots, as it shows that the source of their wealth or their personal prejudices prevent them from investing in more stable assets such as cash in the bank or property. Hence 'bling bling', while widely regarded as a faddish slang phrase, has been seen by some as manifestation of a deeper socioeconomic problem in the US, trivialised by mainstream media and hip hop. For comparison, see chav.

The extreme proliferation of the term into the early 2000s inevitably led to a degrading of its hipness value. With MTV itself even releasing a satirical cartoon commercial in 2004 showing the term being used by a rapper, then several other progressively less "streetwise" characters, then finally by a middle aged white woman who uses the term to describe her earrings to her elderly mother. It ends with the deadpan declaration: "RIP Bling-bling 1997-2004". The clip thus simultaneously recognizes the term's once attainment of an unusual level of popularity while cleverly underscoring the term's perceived aspect of "tiredness" in the current youth culture. Today, it is rare to find a mainstream rapper who uses the term in anything but a sarcastic or joking manner, however the term has become part of everyday vocabulary for the everyday person

Due to this I have spent the past two weeks deblinging my coach as I have never thought of myself as an everyday person.

Chris
    95 Royale with a bad paint job and scratched stainless.

lewpopp Guest

After all of the orations about trying to bling up their coaches, the jokers who are serious about blinging their rides, are lower themselves to the common street criminals and the like. Some members of PP think that " he who dies with the most possessions and bling, wins".

I have said all along, these coaches are supposed to be a quality far beyond the bauble and beads that some people think is beautiful

It is my opinion that 99% of the POG group will not try to crap up their coach. They are having a lot of fun pulling legs and are trying to egg on their fellow P owners. Wish I could see the old lady judge. She'll b e the bell of the ball.

dalej Guest

Lew I'm sure there will be plenty of photos posted in three weeks to make feel you were there. I'm sorry you will miss all the fun, we will miss you!