Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Win The Cooker! Maybe..

Hybrid View

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Unhappy I Win The Cooker! Maybe..

...OK, I'm driving a stock '98 XLV, no Bling.

The remark I hear is, "Wow, nice bus!"

Do I win the cooker?

Rest of the story:

I forgot to turn off the Whistler and got nailed by a Virginia State Trooper yesterday, who actually said, "Wow, nice bus," followed by, "License and Registration please."

Turns out that they have a radar detector-->Detector and got me on the spot.

There was no chance to negotiate. He turned it off, since it was built-in didn't call the SWAT team.

So now I am $96 poorer.

Oh, he did write down, 'gray' hair and I objected. He was willing to plead the hair thing down to a lesser charge (he recommended 'light blond,' but then I thought he was flirting).

I passed, thanked him, and have arrived at an undisclosed location near Northern Command for the moment.

"Wow, nice bus."

And I thought I would get the cooker.

Default Virginia needs the money

Jeff:
    That was mighty good of you to fork over the doe. Did you tell the trooper that you could have bought some bling to win a smoker grill but now you are going to have to eat COLD vienna sausage and beanie weanies.
    Micki says Hi to Helen
    So does this mean you wont be able to play in the blingy thingy://
    Roger
    Last edited by rfoster; 05-27-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Seems like a small price to pay for breezin' thru Virginia and not stopping at Mango Mike's.

Mike

Look Jeff, if they gave the award to the most deft BS'er, then Roger or Mike win hands down.

And to get nabbed by a radar detector detector. What pissy luck. I have have taken to just driving the speed limit on the interstate. What will get me are those side roads or speed traps. We have a monster one going south of Dallas on I-45. Dallas County sheriffs have a 6 lane portion of the interstate jacked back to 60mph and are writing tickets as fast as they can stop folks. No reason for the limit other than to provide revenue. Go about 5 miles down the road and it goes to 4 lanes and the limit increases to 70.

Now I might have to punt on those new 80 mph limits in West Texas. Put the hammer down.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

When you are in a rural county and get pulled over, there is always the problem of who you might meet.

I hang my head in shame. I should have gone the other way and hung out at Mango Mike's.

Now I am eating cold Vienna sausage and limited to one email. I was gonna email my lawyer, but thought it was best to stay with my pals on POG.

Dedication.

Default Texas Teeth

JW. Tennessee teeth uh? Check out the teeth from Oklahoma[IMG]
    Bling- Bling
    You should be able to bite the wires if you don't have pliers

Lew ask me to post this Cooker pix. Expect his commentary after happy hour tonight.

LewA0536.jpg

Note VIP FMCA number. And he accuses Jeff of being a big shot.

MM
    Last edited by MangoMike; 08-21-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Just a little info for all you bling nut cases out there regarding the cooker! I have the Champion and it is great, but it is an oven, not a quick cooker. So if you do burgers (1 hour) if you do steaks (1 hour) if you do fish (1 hour). Never, never light it with the lid closed, a guy on the CC board went to the hospital with bad burns when it blew up.

I bought the tool box grill to replace the Champion and very happy. Sorry Jon, I already have one.. Na na na na na.. I think whoever wins the award will have to go through a very thorough check out process by the two POG supreme commanders to assure safety. The flame snuffer from Texas can stand by with his commercial equipment in case the bling award explodes.

OK, you've been warned, bling away................

lewpopp Guest

Thanks Mike for posting the cooker that Jeff let me use for a few weeks. Actually, it was very dirty when I rescued it and cleaned for an hour. Had trouble getting the proper draft to make it cook properly. Kept blowing out. The tool box is all one needs. Now I know why Parliament is giving it away.

As for bling, I'm sure with all the the suttle changes I made to my coach over the past 3 years, the cooker should be mine but no one needs 2. As a matter of fact, now one needs the award.

As for the "Big Shot" FMCA #, Just like the license plate, $25 and the right place in line. You spelled "Shot" wrong.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Oh, the Mendacity of Lew.

Although his posting is superfluous, it lacks the sufficiency of veracity to sustain further social intercourse on the topic.

Lew?