Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interstate Rest Area Guide

Winchester,

Two pages of posts about rest areas. Things must be slow in Cooter-land. Just "man-up" and stay in the Wal-Mart for a couple of hours. I know the Deuce will get some funky Wally-world film on it, but it will wash off. If you go to www.wal-mart.com and click on the store finder link at the bottom of the home page it will allow you to find stores in the general area of where you think you end up. It will even draw you a map with instructions. There are locations in Hattiesburg, Laurel and Meridian (all a stones throw or half mile from I-59). If you are making really good time you can consider the Flying J in Bessemer, Alabama which is about 20 miles west of Birmingham.

Thanks in advance for the "bite me" comment.

Loc
    Last edited by Loc; 05-29-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: sheer boredom

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

For those of you wondering (maybe one person), flame snuffer techno-boy just called with a verbal "bite-me". Evidently he is advanced enough to implement immediate notification of posts on the internet, but needs remedial bus parking classes.
    Last edited by Loc; 05-29-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: beyond absolute boredom

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

He is clearly challenged because his entire experience with the coach appears to have been tailgating.

Unlike the rest of us who know about things like rest areas and Wal-Marts he has wasted several pages of space on the forum trying to find free places to park.

As an alternate he could actually consider those things they call campgrounds, but he may be afraid to do that because in his limited experience he knows buses in campgrounds get decorated with blow up dolls and plastic shields.

He also is a bit "parking challenged" and doesn't need another hole in the bus plus repaint. The guys at North TX RV Repair said to say thanks for his business when I was there lately.

They said something like bite me I think.

You all quit picking on JDUB. He is in for enough grief when he tries exit #106 on I59 in MS. and finds out the only exit 106 is in Alabama.
    Jerry, if you do fall back on a Walmart, the safest place to park is right next to the loading dock. Lots of security cameras and you don't won't all of us worrying to much.

I'd rather eat bees than park alone in a Wal-Mart.

All the locals think Randy Travis is in the bus and all night long cars are driving by 10 feet from a newly repaired back end. You never know when they are going to get some beer courage and knock on the door for an autograph. At least in a rest area or an on ramp it is unlikely folks will be circling the coach hoping to catch a glimpse of a star.

But Jon, he is a star! Where else can you win 50% of the POG academy award for dumb asses, whilst spending 30K and threatening the repair shop with bodily harm if they spill the beans. There's no secrets in the POG community and the classified information always gets leaked.

Loc, what's up with the flame snuffer always wanting you to bite him?

Oh yeah....the Wide Turn Award. Gee I should have thought about that when I said folks would be circling within 10 feet of his newly repaired back end.

Does Marathon offer the optional gonad chiller? I think without it a driver gets crotch rash.

We need to quit picking on JDUB. He might start picking on us. I wonder if he has had any window blow outs? You know....from a build up of gases.

Picking on a guy while he's motoring down the road unable to defend himself will surely anger the Wide Turn Award gods. You may be the next recipient.

It's only a matter of time before 'JDUB' comes out of the 'BBQ joint' and decides to 'check in' and discovers everyones 'talkin trash', but before he can respond, the 'call of the anaconda' diverts his attention to 'Royal throne'.

Now, if you google any of those words, I believe Jerrys picture will come up, or at least , a link.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide