Well it finally happened today. In preparing for my departure this Thursday, it was time to bite the bullet and fill the coach up. I generally store it full, but didn't get it done the other day when I parked it in the hanger.

But with diesel at the Flying J running $4.62, I opted for the Kroger grocery store just down the street. Fuel there was $4.48 and with my Kroger card, I got it for $4.38 but the downside is the small nozzle and negotiating the parking lot full of snapperhead cars.

And as I was there listening to my third old timer asking me about the camper, the nozzle clicked and I performed the required "jump back" to avoid the inevitable fuel burp. But none came. Was it the smaller nozzle and slower delivery? Must have been. I then pulled a trick from the Krakman and produced a flashlight to look down the filler neck. I proceeded to see how much fuel I could cram in the tank sans burp. It started filling up in the neck at 149.89 gallons, so I stopped.

I am going to try this one more time but when time is not of the essence, maybe the big honking truck nozzle and its sure fire diesel bath is a thing of the past.