Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Burp Free Fueling

'Splain to me how puking a little fuel justifies hundreds of thousands additional investment. Talk slow, I don't learn so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    'Splain to me how puking a little fuel justifies hundreds of thousands additional investment. Talk slow, I don't learn so fast.
    I _TOTALLY_ expected that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Its the little things in life Jon.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Last Spring, we were bombing home from a visit to our son at San Luis Obispo CA. Spent the night in a Walmartinez parking lot in Ft Stockton, and I slept very little as my Webasto malfunctioned and the temp dipped into the 20's. Up much of the night trying to get it working so my 2 gals wouldn't be cold.

Anyway, stopped for fuel in Junction TX the next morning and I was really tired. My normal fueling procedure is to fill about 10 gal short of the Pro Driver fuel burn level, and then ease the rest in very slowly. While trying to clean the windshields, I totally lost track of time in my fatigue. I was snapped out of my funk by the pump clicking off, and ran around to witness a superfund site in the making. I offered to clean i up, but the poor guy behind the counter just dumped a large bag of cedar mulch on it and raked it around and picked it up.

I told Jennifer they should go over to Cooper's and have some BBQ brunch, and I was going to take a nap...

Ouch! Bad enough to have to pay the high price of Fuel that you will use, but..... It twas awful nice of you to offer to clean it up, and even nicer that the attendant did so without a lot of grief, (TX for ya!) but, I believe that the station itself, even though you should stand by the pump, is responsible to have a correctly working and inspected delivery system (nozzle) tested to release without fail, if this happens. Good lessen for all of us, I know, I tend to walk off and do something while fueling (sometimes) but it is probably not a good habit. And I grew up in a family run Gas Station. Glad that nothing really bad did not happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GDeen View Post
    ... ran around to witness a superfund site in the making...
    That there's funny!

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

I fuel, Carole does the hard stuff like cleaning the windshields and walking the dog. My hand almost never leaves the trigger. I don't put any trust in any fueling operation anywhere, anytime. I've got the oldie single fill curbside and have never experienced an automated fuel puke. However, I did hold the trigger open just a second too long and did get some diesel down on the ground. My bad, not the bus.

I guess my coach is wierd, I've never had the burp effect.

I know that this thread is almost dead. But as read through this post and it seemed to me that the air in the fuel tank was being trapped and pushing the fuel out when filled.

So on the first time fueling the "new" coach I removed the starboard side fuel cap to let the air escape. Filled the tank at full nozzle and presto no burp. I am not sure if it will work for others but it is worth a try.

Lee,

I think we have had fuel running out the other side by someone in the past. Probably all comes down to the operator, or lack there of!