Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Burp Free Fueling

Having followed this post as some have and have not splashed back fuel.
    Here is my FWIW story......years ago when an 8300 gal tanker dumping fuel spashed out/over where the hose meets the fitting installed on the underground tank. Fuel shot back which looked like a fire hydrant opened according to a witness...we are now talking mega fuel spill. It was our lucky day with no explosion or fire. And that is a understatement.
    As it turned out some critters over a long period of time had restricted the above ground pipe venting from a 15,000 gallon underground fuel tank. As the tanker is unloading fuel using a 5 or 6 inch hose the venting was unable to handle the displacement. I claimed the spill happened due to a overfill of product from the tanker as the amount should of fit. We always stick the tanks, read the chart a compare gals on tanker to space in storage tank. Pretty high tech math.
    To make a long story short your fueling splash backs might be caused by some restriction in your fuel tank vent system. This might be in someway related to some do/ some don't. Another idea would be to just "slightly" crack open the oppisite side filler cap to allow air to escape while fueling.
    Last edited by BoaterAl; 03-01-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spell

The puking is related to two side fill buses that came into being around when the 45's were introduced.

I don't know what model year, but because of complaints of puking Prevost came up with a fix, which can be retrofitted. To the best of my knowledge Jim Shoen is the only one in POG who has installed the retrofit. He would have to be the one to say what the difference was and how the change fixed the problem.