Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Hate an Intermittant Problem

I not only noticed the clean hands, undamaged by manual labor, but I also noticed the paint run on the engine block and the overspray on the wire looms. Some folks worry more about LEDs than they do about details.

the 8V guys ought to just change theirs out as PM.
    $79 sounds like cheap insurance. Where exactly is that sensor located on an 8V engine?

Ray,

It is just to the right of the crankshaft pulley. You can see it on one of the photos up in the post.

JW,

Did you ever get a final price on that DD code box? Is it something that we need as joint ownership?

MM

Mike,

With the key on (engine running or off) depress the overide switch and your codes will flash, starting with active codes. The reader will give you more detail.

I have found that just knowing the code leads you to the problem, but if you need the detail any local DD or Allison shop can plug their reader in and give you the detail.

If a reader counted as bling, however I would be buying one today.

Jon,

Where do we get a list of the codes for Series 60, and where exactly does it flash?

And I think it should count towards the Bling show.

Mike

It will flash on your check engine or shut down engine light. You will know because it will flash right before your bling seeking eyes. You may wish to replace those bulbs with LEDs.

I have a list of the codes in the shop manual and I can print copies and bring to POGII, or if your bus is in dire need of repairs I can fax them.

Good job on the swim. I couldn't stay afloat for that long much less actually travel any distance.

Hold your blinging horses.

If I have worked the magic right, I will have a gratis code reader winging our way shortly for group use.

As I discovered in my odessy, having the BIG code is only a part of the issue. There are two other codes that make the whole thing gel. You have to have the MID and SID codes. With these three codes and the troubleshooting book (I also have one of these in route), you can get down to the gnats ass with respect to the problem.

Case in point; I had a code 042 or something like this as an "Active" code. When we read the SID and MID, you go to 042 in the book, then down to which ever one is first (SID or MID, I can't remember) and you follow the flow chart doing whatever it says until you solve the problem and the reader reads the all clear code (I can't remember that one either). In my case, the 042 was some kind of aux sensor fault and when you followed it thru, it said the cruise control indicator light was malfunctioning or the bulb was burned out.

Now, I know just enough about this to be dangerous, but we will have one of these readers at Santa Fe and we will learn how to use it to do good rather than evil. And we will get a PDF file of the codes and post them on this site.

And the bling gods will smile upon the unwashed.

Jerry,

This is one serious reason to make the pilgrimage to Sante Fe, lets get Jim to add this to the seminar list. Where else could you get this kind of education, unless you spent a week in Jon's Pit.

Can't wait to get plugged in.

One of the many unwashed.

MM

Default Camper Boy

MM, are you camping somewhere? And you are logged on with the Verison card sitting in bed whilst your wife tunes on your for not turning the light off?