Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yellowstone

Hey Mel, I would but the price of diesel is too high. It looks like it is coming down a little though, I bought some from my jobber yesterday for $4.37/gallon. I was very happy with that price. Sorry for the thread creep.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Plans I guess are made for change. Well, our merry group of 4 coach heading to West Yellowstone, is now down to just 2. And we are delaying our departure by a day and driving straight to Grizzly RV park since we have to wait for a bus part that was shipped late.
    So, this is how it stands for now.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Pam/Bruce & Jim/Chris, Paulette and I are at the Lake General Store until 5 September, so if you get anywhere close, look us up. We are only a couple miles from Fishing Bridge. We have a land line (307-242-7428) in the bus, so if you have any free time, give us a call, and maybe we can get together for a while.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale, Looks like you and Paulette have extended your stay. I assume everything is going well and you guys are enjoying your jobs. Tell Paulette we said Hi.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Jim K., We did extend our stay. They've been asking us to stay until the store closes on September 4th, but we weren't sure we wanted to. So far, we've had no problem with any system on the bus, so that has added to the pleasure of the trip. It has turned out to be an enjoyable job, with great views out the front door, and plenty of time to see things, fish, and hike when we are off work, so we have extended until the store closes.

The Lake General Store was built between 1918-1922 and is the oldest store in the Park. The frame is contructed from rough-cut lodge pole logs, and the foundation was just rocks laid in place. It's about 60' tall at the center of the store. They are closing a month early this year, so they can lift the entire building 6' off its foundation and construct a new foundation. The constant tremors and age have damaged the foundation, so they want to restore things as much as possible without changing the original architecture.

In addition to all us retired folks, we have about 12 exchange students from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Columbia and China. It has been very interesting learning about their customs, but I've decided I'm too old to learn much of their languages. Aside from working with a great group of people and having great scenery, the weather is the next best thing about being here. It usually drops to about 35-40 degrees every night and gets to 65-78 in the day. The sky is so clear and the air so clean, the temperature warms up as soon as the sun rises between 5 and 6 a.m., so I usually wear a short sleeve shirt to work at 7:30. I could keep on about the good things about the total experience of being here, but I'll stop before I bore everyone to death. On the down side, we have missed our family and church in Pensacola, but "HAVEN'T MISSED THE 100 DEGREE TEMPERATURE OR HUMIDITY AT ALL."

We went on a 5-mile mountain hike today and saw entire mountain sides covered with beautiful flowers of various colors. We also saw many wild animals. The highlight of the trip was seeing a grizzly bear playing in a lake all by himself. He seemed to be training for the olympics, just swimming back and forth in the lake. Don't see much like that in Florida.
    Last edited by dale farley; 07-12-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

Lee Bornstein Guest

Just left West Yellowstone last Sunday. We stayed at Bakers Hole (Natl Forest CG ) just north (3 mi) of W Yellowstone. Had 50A - No Water or Sewer. $12.00/day with Golden Age Card. Grizzly gets $44.00/day with hookups and Mosquitos.

We're now in East Glacier heading to Calgary Tomorrow.

Lee & Barb

Lee, Thanks for the info. I'll add that to my list of places to stay in the area.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

We will heading into the East Gate on the 16th. If we get our act together leaving Cody, we should be in the FB/Lake area by noon. If you see 2 Marathon "H"'s around Lake Hotel, that Chris and me and Alan and Diane Neff.

We will try to give you call once we hit the road. Our bus part is in town at UPS, so but will have to put a finger to the wind as what time they will deliver it.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Jim/Chris--We look forward to hearing from you and/or seeing you. We will be at work in the Lake General Store from 11:45 to 3 P.M. and from 6-9:30 each night this week. We are off until 11:45 each morning and from 3-6 in the afternoon. The weather is great, so hopefully, you will have an enjoyable stay. Have a safe trip.
    Dale & Paulette