Thread: Roof Painting

Default Roof Painting

My coach is in Winter Springs Fl. at Anderson Coachworks having some paint work down.

I asked the owner to give me a price for painting the roof as I have some flacking. I use the roof observation deck from time to time and want this area to look as good as possible.

The folks at Anderson want to use a new coating that is guaranteed to reflect the suns rays, non skid and is a rubber like surface.

Have any of you painted your roof recently and what should I be thinking about?

Bruce, I think Featherlite Trailers uses it on some of there transporters, I did not have them put it on based on the recommendation from the paint shop they use.
    I don't remember why he didn't like it but that was good enough for me at the time.

"The folks at Anderson want to use a new coating that is guaranteed to reflect the suns rays, non skid and is a rubber like surface."

Sounds great, but is it also guaranteed to stay on the roof, and for how long?? I would hate to see you be a guinea pig for something they want to try for the first time. I would ask a lot of questions and get the important answers in writing.

My Liberty has a similar mat white finish on the roof. I'm assuming Liberty put it on. It's a non skid type coating and it looks fine with no pealing, etc.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    "The folks at Anderson want to use a new coating that is guaranteed to reflect the suns rays, non skid and is a rubber like surface."

Sounds great, but is it also guaranteed to stay on the roof, and for how long?? I would hate to see you be a guinea pig for something they want to try for the first time. I would ask a lot of questions and get the important answers in writing.
    Anderson says the paint is guaranteed for the life of the coach, or as long as the company stays in business which ever comes first.

I'm probably going to go with it. Anderson Coachworks paints all of Marathon Florida and all of Jacksonville Prevost Buses, I'll follow their recommendations.

They said the most difficult part of the process is the prep work associated with masking off the roof, lining around all of the stuff up there, creating straight even lines and turns around stuff,

Roof turned out looking great, they took extra time to mask off and create nice straight lines everywhere around important stuff. The best part is they did an excellent job around old waterproofed areas where the waterproofing material was looking old and possibly separating from the surface. I feel good about the outcome am certain the roof is sealed for the rest of my ownership experience.

The color is white with a nonskid material in it. Reflects and safe to walk on.

How much didi it cost? If you don't mind sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by adamdegraff View Post
    How much didi it cost? If you don't mind sharing.
    Hello Adam,

$2100.

Howard Anderson is the owner and a really nice guy, family business. He does all of Fl. Prevost's paint and many others.