Thread: Santa Fe Info...

dalej Guest

Default Santa Fe Info...

Thought this might be a nice place to start a log of information about the Santa Fe Rally.

First off the rally is being held at Santa Fe Skies Rv Park. location, south side of town, just east of I-25, exit 276a coming from the south or 278b from the north. For the GPS'ers 35.35.16.30" N, 106.02.42.35" W

It appears that the Albuquerque balloon fest. is about 45 miles away, south down I-25

That's all I have for now...

Dale
    Last edited by dalej; 05-23-2006 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks Dale. Lew will require an aerial photo (he's quite mad for anything to do with aviation), so we need to find one of those.

Wonder where we need to be to get the best seat for the balloon launching? Jon and I are usually up early, so we can just take photos for Roger and Mike to see. They need that beauty sleep

Default Beauty Sleep?

JW Its pretty obvious (no pun) you don't get any beauty sleep. You have to watch your back!
    Roger that
    PS thanks Dale for the info.

dalej Guest

You can check out Santa Fe Skies here... http://www.santafeskiesrvpark.com/index.html

Ben Guest

Jerry, I'd hang out on the hill where all the RV's park... it's right next to the launch field. You usually need a pass to be up in that area, but they can't really kick you off the path that leads up to it... they will mainly complain if you're walking up next to the RV's without a pass.

Also, consider hanging out to the left of the RV hill (I'm assuming that would be South, but don't trust my guess) since the balloons head that direction and will often go in a box formation where they go out that direction, up and then back towards the lauch field again.

I went up in a balloon about 20 miles away from the field where they all take off and got a nice view of the whole thing.

-Ben