Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Traveling This Summer/Where???

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Leaving on 6 June for Chicago, stop by and see Dick Warren in Lake City, MI, then the Liberty rally in Petosky, MI 18-21 June, then a week at the Soo Locks (engineer week).

Anyone else going to the Liberty rally? Or will it just be me and Pootie--and ten salesmen?
    Last edited by Jim_Scoggins; 05-19-2008 at 06:07 AM.

May 29 - June 8 - Sandusky, OH (Cedar Point) and Mackinac Island, MI

June 25 - July 6 - Black Hills of SD, Glacier NP and Yellowstone NP (points in between)

July 19 - 27 - Orlando, FL to see the Mouse

We are just doing our part to help the struggling oil companies.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    May 29 - June 8 - Sandusky, OH (Cedar Point) and Mackinac Island, MI

June 25 - July 6 - Black Hills of SD, Glacier NP and Yellowstone NP (points in between)

July 19 - 27 - Orlando, FL to see the Mouse

We are just doing our part to help the struggling oil companies.
    Besides sharing your travel plans, which my well offer a chance for some of us to meet up and enjoy one another's company, its really great to see so many of you traveling this summer.

I was wondering if we actually are using these wonderful machines. It nice to know that we are, seeing North America having fun.

Bruce,

We have had 5 motorhomes, 3 have been busses since Dec. 1999.

Miles travelled in our motorhomes.

'99 Airstream Cutter Diesel...................15,000 12-99 to 10-2000
    '00 Country Coach Affinity...................15,000 11-2000 to 11-2001
    '01 CC XL45-2 HWH Slides...................19,000 11-2001 to 10-2002
    '02 Marathon XKII 1 Slide....................24,000 10-2002 to 11-2004
    '00 Marathon "H"3-45 no Slides.............50,000 11-2004-currently
    Total............................................. ..123,000 miles

We try to keep the wheels rolling. Now more than ever, so we can help out those cash strapped oil companies.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 05-19-2008 at 06:17 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Just to chime in with travel plans, we will be leaving the Sunshine State on June 1 and headed to Arkansas where we'll visit with some friends in the northern part of the state.

From Arkansas, no firm plans 'till we arrive at a rally for all current and former Safari owners (it's their 20th anniversary of Safari International) in Amana, Iowa, during the first week of July.

From Iowa, we head east, (unless we decide to do a small loop west first) to the Finger Lakes region of New York before spending some time in Maine, which is scheduled for mid-August.

Then to the Jersey shore to visit family and friends there, probably for most of the month of September.

Finally, around the first of October, that familiar ride down US 301 to I-95 south on our way back to Port St. Lucie, Florida, with a couple of stops along the way, maybe Myrtle Beach, or Charleston, or St. Augustine.

Planning on $5/gal fuel and hoping that by the end of the trip that doesn't sound like a bargain!

Default Summer Trips

I am attempting to set dates for McCall, Idaho either June 15 to June 29 or July 8 to July 18 approx.

We are also heading up to Ashland, Oregon in August ( Aug.16th to the 23rd) for my friend's daughters wedding.
    Last edited by garyde; 05-20-2008 at 01:29 AM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

VegasDogMan Guest

Leaving Vegas on June 15th heading to :
    Bryce Canyon - Rubys Inn/Campground
    West Yellowstone - Bakers Hole Campground
    Mammoth - Yellowstone
    Lincoln, MT (Aspen Grove CG)
    Glacier Natl park
    Calgary, ALB
    Winnipeg, MAN
    Minneaplois, MN by Aug 25th
    Frankenmuth Mich
    Halifax NovaScotia
    Wash DC
    Ocala FL
    New Orleans, LA
    Las Vegas in Early March...

9000+ miles at 7 mpg=1285 Gallons X $4.50 = OUCH! just under $6,000.00

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post
    Just to chime in with travel plans, we will be leaving the Sunshine State on June 1 and headed to Arkansas where we'll visit with some friends in the northern part of the state.

From Arkansas, no firm plans 'till we arrive at a rally for all current and former Safari owners (it's their 20th anniversary of Safari International) in Amana, Iowa, during the first week of July.

From Iowa, we head east, (unless we decide to do a small loop west first) to the Finger Lakes region of New York before spending some time in Maine, which is scheduled for mid-August.

Then to the Jersey shore to visit family and friends there, probably for most of the month of September.

Finally, around the first of October, that familiar ride down US 301 to I-95 south on our way back to Port St. Lucie, Florida, with a couple of stops along the way, maybe Myrtle Beach, or Charleston, or St. Augustine.

Planning on $5/gal fuel and hoping that by the end of the trip that doesn't sound like a bargain!
    Good morning Paul,

We will be heading out of Fl. on June 3rd. Will go to Fort Clinch State park in Amelia Island the first night then on to Hunting Island So Carolina State park until June 7th. We will then head toward the 1000 islands region maybe hitting the finger Lakes as well. From there we will head to Lunenburg NS for a few weeks, then back to Maine for the month of August staying in Damariscotta until august 29th. No plans from there but will stay out until the end of October. May head up to the Adirondacks for the fall leaves etc and work back across the smokey's toward Fl again.

Quote Originally Posted by phorner View Post

Paul, tell Lew that even though I only put it into a pickup truck I had to pay $4.89/ gal for diesel in NY, so he better fill up before he gets there.
    Check in with where your at along the way, and have fun, and be safe!

Ft. Lauderdale to Durango, Co. on May 30, various short side trips during summer then head back to Lauderdale in Sept. Called flying J today to check on fuel prices....The voice on the phone said they could not give prices on the phone, just check the web!!!! I'll just have to put more miles on the scooter.