Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class 3 License and Pamela's Test Drive

Default Class 3 License and Pamela's Test Drive

Well we found out recently that we both have to have a Class 3 drivers license in NS. They say no one ever gets one and everyone we talked to from the RV dealer to several RV owners all said we did NOT need one. But low and behold we have to have a Class 3 license and air brake certification. So we are both studying hard before we leave on the 29th.

Pamela test drove the bus for the first time today. We went to the Canadian Tire parking lot early this morning and she drove and parked the bus several times. Thanks to Brain and Beverly for the parking tips and encouragement. Pamela did great. She then drove on the highway and through Mahone Bay and back to Canadian Tire. All in all several hours of great driving and parking.

Now we have to pass the exams and driving test, hoping it is multiple choice.

Then move the bus to Lunenburg Municipal Campground on the 27th for a two day open house for all our friends to come and say goodbye. Then we head out.

The new itinerary is on the blog site http://prevost.wordpress.com. Thanks to all for helping make the purchase and shakedown so enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    Well we found out recently that we both have to have a Class 3 drivers license in NS. They say no one ever gets one and everyone we talked to from the RV dealer to several RV owners all said we did NOT need one. But low and behold we have to have a Class 3 license and air brake certification. So we are both studying hard before we leave on the 29th.

Pamela test drove the bus for the first time today. We went to the Canadian Tire parking lot early this morning and she drove and parked the bus several times. Thanks to Brain and Beverly for the parking tips and encouragement. Pamela did great. She then drove on the highway and through Mahone Bay and back to Canadian Tire. All in all several hours of great driving and parking.

Now we have to pass the exams and driving test, hoping it is multiple choice.

Then move the bus to Lunenburg Municipal Campground on the 27th for a two day open house for all our friends to come and say goodbye. Then we head out.

The new itinerary is on the blog site http://prevost.wordpress.com. Thanks to all for helping make the purchase and shakedown so enjoyable.
    Hello Pamela & Lloyd,

Hope all goes well with the test, but if not Pam & I will give you 100 bucks cash money for your coach no questions asked, and in this economy too.

If for some reason you are unable to get the test completed to the Crowns satisfaction then consider the creation of a Montana LLC.? The question then would be can a Canadian citizen (drivers License) drive a US registered vehicle into CA? It is worth investigating as a backup plan. The Montana LLC cost under $1K for everything.

Pam and I are going to be in Lunenburg Municipal Campground by mid June. We are heading up your way starting on June 3rd moving east by north east.

Good luck with the test.

Bruce, we will pass on your generous offer and keep the bus.

Sorry we will miss you here in NS. If you would like any recommendations give us a call and we will be happy to highlight the must see spots.

I don't think there are any nude RV parks, but you have probably already looked into that. Best to you both.

Bruce when you cross the border into NS, stop at the welcome center and get a Doers and Dreamers guidebook. It is free and published by the province. Everything you will want to know is in there somewhere. They will mail you a copy also if you request it from the website or call them.

Bruce when you cross the border into NS, stop at the welcome center and get a Doers and Dreamers guidebook. It is free and published by the province. Everything you will want to know is in there somewhere. They will mail you a copy also if you request it from the website or call them.
    Is that with Ice??

We have spent many summers in your fine land and in fact have threatened to return to my native land, as I was born outside of Toronto. I am not sure they would want me back?

We are planning on heading up via the 1000 islands area. let us know when you are underway.

The offer to purchase is only good for 30 days so keep that in mind.

PS> How did you handle the stud issue. Prevost told me the reason the studs were not long enough is that they might be the ones used on the inside steel Drive wheels. The steel wheels are not as thick as the aluminum ones therefore the possible answer. I still have at least 20 of the correct ones. Prevost gets $50 a piece my price is much better.

Just a quick question. If the bus is owned by a company (Montana or otherwise), has anyone been concerned about that being viewed as a "commercial use" of the bus?

Regardless of the tax and other financial considerations, does this cloud the legal status of the bus as a private, recreational vehicle?

Prevost sent me a set and they are still too short. Would you please measure your studs from the flang to the end and also the total length. I will measure the ones they sent and see what the difference is. I need about 1/2 inch longer than the ones I have.

Thanks.

Prevost sent me a set and they are still too short. Would you please measure your studs from the flang to the end and also the total length. I will measure the ones they sent and see what the difference is. I need about 1/2 inch longer than the ones I have.

Thanks.
    Measure yours and I will have mine done as well on Monday. the Bus is in Winter Springs Florida at Howard Anderson's Coachworks getting some final paint work before we head out.

The studs I have (20) were on the Steer wheels (Aluminum) 315 80R 22.5's. We changed the fronts to the 365's. Where are you coming up short on the length?? The drive wheels?? If so do you have Rockwell Disc brakes on the rear drives???

I have to replace 40. Steer and tag. I need 20 right and 20 left. I will measure them in a bit and post here.

I have drum brakes all the way around.

I have to replace 40. Steer and tag. I need 20 right and 20 left. I will measure them in a bit and post here.

I have drum brakes all the way around.
    Sounds good, let me know the length.