Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Featherlite Expanding

sawdust_128 Guest

Default Get it from the horse's mouth

Quote Originally Posted by bonhall41 View Post
    I got an e-mail from Chuck Kohr yesterday and we have a service appointment next Tuesday and Wednesday in Sanford. Does anyone know if the service department is still doing business as usual and what about the dealership? Is parking still available there for overnights? Basically, what's going on? Should we call on Monday to see if we're still on for Tuesday? Thanks for any info.

Bonnie

Call or send an email! Confirm for your self.

donniev Guest

Bonnie, I Would Seriously Call Dmrv Or Check Into Service At The Plant.

Donnie V

We're at La Mesa and, boy, things have changed around here. The thing that hasn't changed much is the service department. Most of the same techs are here so they're working on the coach. We'll see how it goes and if we'll be back or not. We stopped by Featherlite today to see what's going on over there and they said there should be an announcement of some kind in the next week or so. In the meantime, they have all the coaches parked at the factory. Don't know if they're going to repossess their original sales facility that La Mesa bought for big bucks or going with someone else in addition to Tom Johnson. I'm thinking they must be planning to do something around here or they would be moving the coaches they have to NC. I guess we'll find out pretty soon. Even the Featherlite people said La Mesa should do a good job with repairs since it's most of the same employees in the service department but we're also going to check out the other guy in Sanford because they said he's good also. That's the guy you recommended, Donnie, and thanks for that info.

Bonnie

Got an e-mail today that Featherlite has, indeed, severed all ties to La Mesa. Service will be done at the factory across the street from the old location and Tom Johnson is looking into opening a sales facility in or near Sanford in the very near future. Sounds as if they will be employing at least some of the old sales staff. I'll let you know if we hear anything else.

Bonnie

Got an e-mail today that Featherlite has canceled its rally at the Homestead race. Sounds as if they had a lot of cancellations and they said they could not bear the expense. They offered us tickets and a parking spot in a less desirable spot than the original for a reduced price. We're backing out as I'm sure everyone else will do. Don't know what's going on down there.

Bonnie