Thread: Rear View Mirrors/close View, Blind Spot

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    I really like the truck camera you posted and am thinking it would be nice to have it where my docking lights are on each side. I do not use the lights and don't plan on lading anywhere in the dark.
    Bruce, all of these lights can be wired so they are not on 100% of the time. For example your side camera, that might replace a docking light, can be wired (providing the existing wires have the capability to handle the additional load) to the signal lights. When you signal the camera begins operation and goes off when not needed. The camera could be wired for continous operation by using the docking light circuit. Rear cameras are commonly wired to the backup lights. The TV signal in some of this equipment is wireless so the only hardwire needed is to provide 12V to the camera. Lots of options here. I am going to start with the simple Costco camera/monitor I already own and go from there.

Let us know if this replacing the docking light works out for you.

Darl

Quote Originally Posted by Darl-Wilson View Post
    Bruce, all of these lights can be wired so they are not on 100% of the time. For example your side camera, that might replace a docking light, can be wired (providing the existing wires have the capability to handle the additional load) to the signal lights. When you signal the camera begins operation and goes off when not needed. The camera could be wired for continous operation by using the docking light circuit. Rear cameras are commonly wired to the backup lights. The TV signal in some of this equipment is wireless so the only hardwire needed is to provide 12V to the camera. Lots of options here. I am going to start with the simple Costco camera/monitor I already own and go from there.

Let us know if this replacing the docking light works out for you.

Darl
    Please let us know how the install goes and if you are getting the desired results. I am hoping to do the install while underway this summer. We are heading out June 3rd until Oct 17th and will have lots of time to play with the toys.