Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got Extra Belts??

Wow.......so much to comment on here.

Most critical, and I am willing to get flamed for this, is the fact that if any owner doesn't carry belts, doesn't know how to change them, and doesn't have the tools or understanding about how to change them then the bus needs to be parked until the owner possesses all that is needed to do so.

Ken's experience is not that unusual for a variety of reasons, so those owners that have not yet changed their own belts should learn before the next trip. Depending on the vintage of coach a belt change can be as simple as releasing the valve in the top center of the engine area. But the time to learn and get the belts and tools is not after you need same.

As to Gary's comment about not knowing about an aux compressor.....owners are not obligated or expected to fix or repair their coaches, but should know their coaches and what devices the coaches have, how to use them, and when things are not right. This may sound preachy or harsh, but unless as an owner you are prepared to pay someone serious money to compensate for a simple lack of knowledge about the coach it behooves an owner to take the time to understand every system, every switch and button, and how to operate everything, including knowing the operating limitations.

Nothing ever quits working or gives problems when the coach is in the garage or in the service area of Prevost or a converter. Things only go wrong when you are in the middle of nowwhere and help is miles away. Most problems are easily resolved or can have repairs deferred, but some, like a faulty engine alternator that puts out excessive voltage or none at all can have dire consequences. Please owners, take the time to study your coach by opening all panels, learning the buttons and switches, and locating the gauges and monitors that tell you things are working properly.

McMaster-Carr will have these belts in stock,the X in the BX 93 means that the belt has grooves cut into it for better grip.If a BX belt is not available then a B belt would be OK,but I would replace it and keep the B belts for spares.McMaster-Carr has a price of $26.63 in their current catalog and they have a deal with Fed Ex that gets delivery to my door very early AM and I only pay ground freight prices.

Default Which Bus Was It

At Sevierville I looked at someones Bus that had a one piece two grove belt upgrade running the alternator and over the road compressor. I want to convert my two B 94 belts to one and can't find the number. I believe it was a Napa #. I also think I remember seeing a one belt configuration for the AX 74 fan belts. Can anyone help with this issue ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty