Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Country Coach Question

Default Country Coach Question

Do any of the other CC owners know if the light switch panel to the left of the entrance door is fused. I took mine out to do remove one of the switches and shorted something. I either killed the circuit board or blew a breaker. I did not find a blown breaker in my ECC.

My front bumper release, bay door locks and entrance door lock work, but none of the lights.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

The lights are controlled by the ECC Dale. You won't find any breakers. If you shorted something out and all the fuses are OK, I would suspect the board. The other items you mentioned are also controlled by the ECC, but probably a different board.

Flyman John, what say you?

Tom, I don't understand why some of the things work and some don't. When I say board, I am referring to the board that the switches by the door are attached to. I suppose it is possible, but if the board is bad, I am surprised that any of the switches are functioning. I haven't been able to find anything on the schematics.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

It is possible for this to happen. I have a board in my CC that works the computer dash to change displays and resets trip indicators and it is functioning just as you explained - everything works but no light on the switches. Nick Hessler looked at it in Branson and said it was the board. On the printed circuit there is a broken connection that affects the lighted switches.

Your board needs repaired or replaced, I think. Call Country Coach or Nick for repairs or replacement. There is also a company in Ohio that will repair boards - Colburn Electronic Controls, 865-773-7098. I talked to them months ago and asked about the boards when I was having problems with my computer dash. At the time, I spoke with Deanna and she said they could fix or remake any circuit board.

I probably did blow the board. I plugged the plug in the wrong way before I noticed there was nothing to prevent this from happening. What's bad is that I had no problem with the board or the lights before I started.

I took it apart in an attempt to add one of the plastic flip-up covers to the Front Bumper Release switch. It is too easy to accidentally hit that switch. I didn't realize how the switches were made, and that I had to completely remove the switch to add the cover. In retrospect, I wish I had left "well enough" alone.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

It's quite possible that the board the buttons are mounted to has been fried, but I was referring to the daughter boards in the ECC.

Identify the wire number to one of the buttons your having trouble with and find that wire number on the backside of the mother board. There will be a tiny micro switch you can push to activate or deactivate the light (this has the same function as pushing the button on the board you took apart). See if you have 12v at that little switch. If it works properly, then the board you took apart would be suspect. All of this assumes you didn't blow a fuse on the front side of the daughter boards. Seems to me that if you shorted out something, you would find a blown fuse on the daughter board.

I have a button above the door for the door light that does not work. On the backside of the motherboard, the little micro switch for that wire number does not work, so I have a bad daughter board for that one light, the rest of the micro switches on that one board work fine.

Good luck.....

IMG_1804_1.JPG

That picture up there posted by Tom shows the back of the Motherboard. The daughter boards plug into that on the front...take a good look at the cards from slots 19 to 21....there the ones on the right side of the board looking forward....they control the lights. Each of those daughterboards are also are protected by fuses, 10 amp if memory serves me......
    Remember the fuses below the Motherboard check OK with the associated light illuminated; the ones on the daughterboards are different/ hard to see and tough to change without removing the card......contrary to popular opinion, it is tough to burn down a card, especially a fused card and all of them are.
    Here we go...
    Turn all power off........unplug the bus/no generator and turn off the battery switch.....remove the brass set screw at the bottom of the card (s) and carefully pull the card to check and replace fuses. Several of those cards are interchangable.....check the numbers on the card ( I know it will be written as to what slot it is intended for but the actual card mfg number, you will see that several are the same), a good troubleshoot if a fuse is not the answer.
    Failing all of that contact Inner City Electronics in Eugene, Or...they were the original vendors for this system and still stock many components plus they are a titch more saavy than the folks at Country Coach. Finally a word of warning...NEVER BUT NEVER Spray the cards or connectors with electric spray clean...you will hear a cute little plink plink plink as the special CC plastic connectors dissolve...if you must clean something use canned air...take it from one who has heard the plink, plink, plink

After you get all of that done, check the 391 wire back in the engine compartment and your fuel gauge should start working too...

Best

John
    Last edited by flyu2there; 05-02-2008 at 04:12 PM.

After talking to Country Coach this afternoon, they informed me that I couldn't have fried the board by the door since the voltage is so low. He said I just had something connected wrong.

I thought I had tried every configuration, but as I started to give up for the night, I decided to plug one of the plugs in backwards, and everything went back to normal. I don't see CC logic with this configuration, but at least my panel is now fully functional again. If you ever pull out one of the panels, just make sure you mark the plugs and annotate how they go back. Don't depend on logic when reconnecting the plugs. Thanks for everyone's input.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

Where did you find the guards for the switches? I had a mutt step on the air locker for the door while parked, had a helluva time trying to train him to step on it again to open it........me being outside, of course.

Thanks,

John

John, I ordered them from CC. I think they were like $4 each. It turns out lthat installing them the way they are supposed to be is really not worth the trouble, but I just cut part of the the bottom off and placed them over the button. I will probably glue the edge to hold it in place.
    Dale & Paulette