Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
Bruce,

I am not trying to give Peter a hard time, nor am I criticizing the product. What I am trying to do however is to get a full understanding of why you had the air system problems you describe relative to a broken fitting on a device that should never see air flow unless and until you apply the service brakes.

The loss of brake system air pressure as you describe was both predictable and understandible and was consistent with the damaged fitting. What I am still trying to grasp is how this could possibly contribute to the other issues you describe. You literally have a braking system that is not ever going to leak air unless you apply the brakes, yet now your dryer will not "spit" and you are having troubles getting up to pressure. I can't put the two together.

Anybody else out there have any ideas? I think the braking system is great, but before I contemplate installing one on the Hummer with round tires I would like to know more.

Relative to the install, I would want to do my own. It will just take time, but as I understood the system it is fairly simple.
The fitting that snapped off and the air dryer may not be related but merely a coincidence.

The fitting between the valve and the tank snapped off and left an opening in the tank and the valve. The valve still had both black air lines attached going to the back of the coach and I believe to the bus air. The Air Force One small tank was connected to the Prevost.

Is it possible that when I applied the brakes on the coach that some air was being bleed directly into the small (AF0) tank/valve??? that was open to the outside air???? Also I do not know where the two black air lines went to and came from to be honest, put thought that one was coming from the main bus air and one was going to the toad, and possibly the valve kept the pressure up using the small tank as a source of air. Question. Both the valve and the tank were affected by the snapped fitting, which one came from the bus air system? As you know I am not nearly as knowledgable as you or most POG members, this is all from visual memory.