Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pahrump

As long as we are bouncing around....I will be bringing the bus supports for Gary D, Ray Davis and Ken Z. with me to Pahrump.

I also have Gary's cooler from Branson.

In addition I will have the working model of a single air bag suspension and Jim Skiff will have Hector's outstanding computer presentation of the suspension system. I guarantee everybody will know and understand why they have the leans and exactly what components will have to be checked to correct the problem.

I will also bring a brake chamber that we can operate to help anyone that needs to understand their brakes a little better.

I just hope I have enough room for the pile of cash needed for fuel.

jello,

You bring the meat and I'll bring the tortillas, avos for guac, and Margarita Boy. (Oh, I'm running a little low on BBQ sauce, if you know what I mean.)

See you there,

Ken

Default Make them Tamales Warren

Quote Originally Posted by jello_jeep View Post

Not sure who is running the potluck at this point, but whomever you are I would be happy to do that any anything else ya'll need, just let me know what it is!

Warren, my wife Martha,(100% Mexican), said that is a great offer. She thinks making tamales (my request) is a lot of work so if you would kindly do that she will bring the tortilla chips. Oh, are you good a making salsa? That would good too if you also do the Flan. I'll bet Harry and Shirley will bring the beans so all you will have to do is cook 'em. I guess you will be doing this and Kelly Jo will not be involved. Martha sez 'Gracias', Warren es un buen hombre, (a good guy).

The truth is you can thank your lucky stars that I am NOT in charge of the potluck. I suppose Jim Skiff will nominate someone in the next few days.

I think we will be traveling to Parhump with Harry and Shirley on Thursday or Friday of next week. I am going to get in touch with Jim Schoen to see if he and his family want to travel with us. We are looking forward to seeing everyone one there!

Oh Warren, don't worry about the beans, I'll heat 'em in my Micro.

Have a nice trip,

Darl and Martha

Default OKey dokey

The red pork is an all day affair too, but it is worth it! However I can make it in advance and freeze it with no ill effect, so I will.

I am not into flan... With this crew it could cause flan-tulance, and that is rampant already.

If Skiff needs a volunteer (sucker) to run the potluck, I can do it no worries.

Need to know the head count though. I am guessing 18 or so??? And a list of who is coming would be handy.

Are there cooking facilities at this place? Did you guys check it out when you were there?? If so, what is on hand ??

KEN, sounds good, good guacamole is a wonderful thing! Not sure what you mean by bbq sauce?

Default Seminars

Jon, sounds good. I am interested in the leans, and also am glad the brake chamber class is being repeated as I didn't get to attend the original...

So, at the end of the day...Who the hell is coming to Pahrump???

I am outta here next Friday (Arizona) which means Sunday. Am I one of nine or nine of one???

Inquiring minds want to know...

John

Hi John. My wife and I will be there. Looking forward to it.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default A few more good men (and women)

Mornin' John, Martha and I will be there, tamales in tow. Warren, forget your tamales, we're bringing originals. FYI, we'll be traveling with Harry and Shirley Hoppe, leaving on Thursday morning from Reno. I talked to Jim Shoen and he is coming, hopefully with his wife and 2-3 youngsters. Their only problem is they have to leave early Thursday to return to Reno.

We also know Jon and Lady Di will be there. Warren (Jello Jeep) and Kelly Jo are also commited. Warren is bringing 'Red Beef' for the Monday night potluck and is in charge of any food request. In addition to Tamales I am bringing some Margarita fixin's.

Jim Skiff should be posting an update soon of all the participants.

See Ya in Pahrump!!
    Last edited by Darl-Wilson; 04-25-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Default Here is the deal

In regards to Monday, here is the scoop.

I spoke with Jim, he said I was dumb enough to volunteer, so I have been self appointed as the HMFWBIC for the Monday Stinko de Mayo feast.

Darl is up with some tamales and bringing backup Marguerita fixins.

I am up with a batch of red pork for tacos / burritos, beans, rice, chips, salsa, and other good stuff.

The clan Hoppee is bringing the tortillas, fresh corn and flour as well as a personal gift of a case of Gentleman Jack for me.

The house of Zittrer is up with guacamole and Marguerita boy! Woo Hoo!

The supposed list of victims will be 20-25 as far as I know at this point.

Harry is checking with the front office to see if we can use the kitchen and dining hall for this.

If anyone else involved wants something, or wants to bring something, post it on here!

Maybe someone has a ghetto blaster with some appropriate Stinko de Mayo type music etc.

Looking forward to it all!

Jello et al,

Here is a link to the Pahrump Attendee List: PAHRUMP FOLKS

Last edited by Jim Skiff; 04-25-2008 at 07:38 PM.