Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pahrump

Harry,

My dinged rub rail is currently in JDUB's possession posing as the Whiskey Dent Award, since he's the co-awardee this year. I'm sure it's mounted in a place of honor in his palatial office.

I'm not sure if you want to do a session on fiberglass repair, but I think Jon has a red sample somewhere.

Mike

Default Dinged Rub Rail

Harry
    I will toss the dinged door rub rail in the coach. I found a new rub rail pretty cheap and bolted it on.

When I sold my company I signed an agreement that I could not perform any metal work, fabrication, and a couple hundred other trades I have no knowledge of. They said I can still watch others work, just not in California.

Will enjoy the demo.

Sorry Harry,

Since I'm so accustomed to people commenting on the "Jimmy Buffett Affair", I thought you were referring to me.

Mike

For the record...it was not fiberglass but carbon fiber. If I'm going to do damage I do it expensive.

I stand corrected fiberboy.

And for further clarification, when I damage a bus I make Mike and JDUB look like amateurs. My last bus damage was an $82,000 oops (sure to be eclipsed by Ray Davis or Buster), compared to the numbers I heard about their combined cost.

The moral of this story is if you want to do impressive damage, fire is an essential element.

The continuing saga; rub rails; isn't that what their for anyway, to rub aginst gas station poles, RV site boulders, plants and shrubs, Water faucets, etc.
    Don't know why I haven't used mine yet.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

garyde, don't be in a hurry to use your rub rails. It really gives them a case of trhe uglies when they do get damaged.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

We pulled into an RV park Saturday right at dark, just east of Memphis. The nice park in West Memphis is flooded out presently and we just needed something for overnight. Anyway, Jan jumps out and gets the park map that shows open sites. We're going to go eat, so I unhook the jeep and send her first to find the site. I tell her, I'll follow you through when you find the site. Well, she finds the site and pulls through with me right on her tail. I see that a large tree is hanging over the right side of the site, so in order to avoid a JDUB/MANGO trick I stay as far left as I can but still a few inches from the power pedestal. Pull up, get level and jump out to plug in. Thats when I see that in my effort to keep left, I have run over the water hook up. That pup is folded in a perfect 90 degree bend, but thankfully is not spraying the whole campground or even leaking. I decided we had plenty of water on board for the trip home on Sunday. I must say that whoever installed the hose bib at that spot gave little or no thought to what they were doing. I wrote a little note on the sign up card that said the water hookup in that site needed some attention.

Default Monday Potluck

In regards to stinkodemayo potluck... I make the best red pork this side of Mexico City. So if ya'll want I will whip up a few pounds and bring it along.

Makes great stuffing for tacos, burritos and in actual fact goes damn good with eggs in the mornings!

Not sure who is running the potluck at this point, but whomever you are I would be happy to do that any anything else ya'll need, just let me know what it is!