Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pahrump

Default Pahrump

So now that POG V is in the books, whats up with POG VI in Nevada?

I couldn't help but notice the wannabe plastic shield "pee pads"...the real "buff off" will take place in the land of the slots!

I made several attempts to get a representative from Fingerhut Industries to show, fix us all up with plastic seat covers with stars and diamonds but their sales have been slow and Fingerhut seems to have bitten the dust ala chapter something...too bad!!

John

I'm coming with bus stands for those that wanted them and I will do the air suspension seminar so nobody will ever have to wonder why their bus is leaning.

I hope we have as good a time as we had in Sevierville.

The dudes with the classy blue plastic shields tried polishing them but they failed. Maybe the Pahrump crew can give them some tips. Of course both guys needed the shields because both are now members of the wide turn club and are co owners of the trophy since both did enough damage without the shields to cover the operating expense of a third world country. Both thought they could also get the damages they did to their coaches repaired so nobody in POG would find out, but we did. We have our ways.

Good on ya Jon!!

I am sorry that I cannot get the boyz from Fingerhut to get JDUB and Mango a nice set of diamond shaped, gold tinted diamond, seat covers....that would have made them both feel SPIFFY!!

I am bringing a can of AJAX and some furniture polish...those shields will shine!!!

John

Default Nevada

I am really looking forward to POG-Pahrump. I have been a member for a 18 months, read 95% of all posts and final get time to go to a rally. I plan on getting in Friday night before the rally, polish the coach, buff the wheels and enjoy life.

I'm looking forward to Pahrump as it has been almost 2 months since I've been out in the Coach. I don't have a Shield (ie; Bib) but I will happily watch anyone who wants to put on a demonstration on how to waste a couple of hours attempting to keep a piece of Acrylic clean.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I watched Jim Keller wash his bus. He has a shield.

It was painful.

First he has to wash the front of the shield that has the clarity of milk. Then he has to disassemble the shield, fold it down and wash the back of the shield. Then he has to wash the front of the bus that the shield protects.

Then dry all this. Then reassemble all this. Then dry the front. This took so long I could have polished all my slack adjusters in the same amount of time.

It must be a CC thing. But I do have to admit his shield looked better than the diapers the dynamic duo had on the front of their Marathons.

Jon think of it this way.

Even a milky white shield will absorb a small crunch, say a fire hydrant hit at low speed or a tree stump or any little obstacle. It's your "get out of jail free" card because you can always tear your shield off and leave it at Flying J's and still not have to order new parts from Prevost and certainly you would not have to install a low lustre pee pad to prevent total "loss of face" at the POG Rally

John
    Last edited by flyu2there; 04-22-2008 at 07:55 AM.

I think it would have taken less time to repair collision damage than it took Jim to wash the front of his bus.

Care to respond Jim????????

I know Jim is in North Carolina at the present time, so he may be out of touch for a few days. He'll hate he misssed the opportunity.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Mike: If you still have a dinged door rub rail we can tackle it as a SS fixit project @ POGVI. Anyone else with SS parts that need fixing bring them. I plan on a little show & tell on metal repair if there is interest.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali