Lew,

I have no idea what Prevost suggests for airbag replacement, but I can tell you my experience. On my 1987 I started to experience microscopic pin holes in the bases due to corrosion from driving up in the snow belt. The rubber portion of the bags was OK. They were 10 years old.

For my personal tolerance level, I am going to change all my airbags next year just because they will be 10 years old and an on-road airbag failure makes it impossible to drive.

There are undoubtedly much older coaches running around with the original airbags, so I may be too cautious. If you change them, expect a competent shop with the right equipment to be able to change out the rear bags in about one hour to one and one half hours each. That is the time it took me to change mine on a barn floor.

A bent radius rod is not a good thing, but if your coach is in alignment and Prevost does not think safety is compromised I could be convinced to leave it. It depends on if it is a serious bend or if it is a slight bend.