Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tweaking Big Green

lewpopp Guest

Jon

Thanks for the reply. I will wait a while before I do the rear bags. I have to shake the brains and smoke loose from my mind after this last trip to Prevost.

I will post very soon what the outcome was. I am on the road on my way to Myrtle Beach and need some time. I'm hurting real bad.

The left lower radial arm was slightly bent and was at their mercy when they told me that they my not have total performance out of the coach without changing it to the tune of $608 plus labor.

Which reminds me, I tried to use the CD 1156 on parts, but got stumped at one point on how to access or bring up particular parts. Is there an easy way?

Lew,

There is nothing easy about it, but I found your parts.

When you insert the disc and then from the Start menu, go to Programs.

Select "CatView"

When this comes up, select "Top Levels"

Then select "XL Series Model 1984 - 1999"

Then select "Suspension" then select "Go To"

On the upper right side, you will see "Front Axle - INSTALL W/Rigid"

Then the picture will come up on the left side. If you look at items #20, etc. you will see the arms.

Easy enough?

lewpopp Guest

I just printed out the info on how to get to the disc parts for my bride who is presently off to bed for the night.

Jer.... Where in hell do you find pictures of derelics to head up you replys. This one looks like he has been thru the 12 steps a hundred times.

lewpopp Guest

Default Prevost promises again

I guess, now that I called Prevost and told them all the work they did did not help my handling. They almost promised me that it would handle better and it does not. the cost of the song was $4174.00. How do you like those apples. I am calmly trying to plan something, but don't know what right now.

I feel as I go down the road ( new description of handling ) and it feels as though I am on a unirail and there are no out riggers and I have to keep the the balance with the steering wheel. I am embarrassed cuz I think the people around me think I'm drunk.

John Gordon said he would call Robert Hitt ( regional Ser. Mgr.) and tell him. I expect a call from someone and if I don't, then I'll make some moves.

lewpopp Guest

What the hell did I say unirail when I meant monorail.

Lew, unless Prevost has changed policy, from now on their efforts to correct the problem should be on their penny.

I was told when they rebuilt my old bus that for one year they guarantee their work. If your work order said to correct a wandering problem, they will have to go back to the drawing board.