Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entrance Door Won't Open - "Barney" Inside

Miles.....when you discuss this with Bill or any other Prevost representative discuss safety, recalls, and emphasize this is a design issue that could endanger life. What if Barney or a small child had been inside on a hot sunny day and you could not get in to get the coach cooled down?

I think there are enough XLII owners here on this site alone to force a recall.

I wish I heard about this before the repaint that my bus is getting as we speak. The only other problem would be that it is just one more thing to add to my list of things to do myself due to a lack of trust that I have with the trades people at Mira Loma. It sounds like because the handle is bigger, thats a good thing so that it will go over the new paint.

As you would expect, Bill Jensen of Prevost credited my account for the new door latch and mechanism kit ($377.45). He took care of it in a matter of seconds. I think the members of POG are fortunate to have such a great relationship with Bill - it sure makes life easy when we need an advocate at Prevost.
    Now all that is left to do is for me to install it sometime this week. The modification to the door consists of cutting 2 notches approximately 1/2" wide and about 1/4" deep. One notch above the handle cut out and one below - each one centered around the vertical centerline of the current cut out. A detail drawing is enclosed with the kit.

Miles

Miles & Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach XLII 45' D/S

Miles,

How about some pics of the new handle and the install process?

JDUB

Yes, pictures would be great. Especially the door both before, and after, the required cutting.

Also, I'm glad to hear that Prevost did the right thing by acknowledging the problem and reimbursing you for the kit.

Good luck....

Miles,
    Thanks to you and your info, and this great forum, I went to Prevost Mira Loma with your part # in hand. I asked for the parts including the 4 clips and they had it all. I mentioned the problems if this fails and Mr. Prevost parts called Bill Jensen. I walked out the door with all the goods and no bill!
    Again, what a great deal and there are some that complain about the 100 bucks! I can now renew my POG membership for the next 4 years.

Is there a re-build kit for door latches on XLs?

Do the XLs have the same problem with the door latches? Or is it only on XLIIs?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I was told by Prevost there was no kit or need for a kit on the XLs. I was further told the new XL-II door handle could not be fit into the XL's door skin.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion