Coming back from Sevierville we stopped for the night at a campground in Virginia. After checking in, parking in my space, plugging in, etc. - it was time to get Barney (my Basset Hound) and take him for a walk. I went to the entrance door as I have done hundreds of times before and pulled the handle - then a funny sound - and the handle pivoted as usual put nothing happened. Maybe the door was locked - so I put in my door code - I heard the deadbolt solenoid click but still the handle did nothing. Well maybe the linkage from the solenoid broke - I just put the key in the lock and turned the key - I felt the deadbolt moving in and out, but the door handle still did nothing. Now I'm getting scared - how do I get the door open?

After a bit of panic (maybe more than a bit) - I did the following:

I opened the service door on the drivers side. Since the little operable window is attached to door I was now able to stick my arm into the coach. I reached in and turned on the ignition. Then with a stick I was able to push on the switch to open the window on the entrance door. I walked around the bus and reached in and was able to open the door using the interior door handle. Barney was thrilled. After a few more Kahlua drinks I expect Laura to make a full recovery.

FYI - after removing the interior door panel I found a somewhat complicated little mechanical assembly which was inoperable due to a pin that had sheared off. I will order a new assembly from Prevost tomorrow. It was fortunate the interior handle does not use that assembly to release the latch.

Miles and Laura Circo (and Barney)
2004 Country Coach XLII 45' D/S