Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portable Air Compressor

Default Portable Air Compressor

Can anyone suggest a portable Air Compressor. It seems that all air hoses at all Flying J's do not work. Maybe they sell tires. Thanks, Dan
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan,

Just an observation here.......if you are at a Flying J and you need air it means your bus has been running and your aux pressure has been provided by your engine to the tune of about 125 to 130 PSI.

Personally, I wouldn't want to use an air hose or chuck from any truck stop.

You should add a quick release fitting in your steer compartment and one in the RH rear at the air fill fitting and use a 50 foot small diameter air hose. If you need air in your tires that will work fine.

A few minutes of running of your coach and you have all the air pressure you need to fill any tire.

I've been using one of the 2hp, 150 PSI, Porter Cable Pancake compressors for over a year now, and it works great. It will air up your bus tires and doesn't take up a great amount of storage space in the bay. I bought a remanufactured one off eBay for about $129 including shipping. This is a link to one like I have. I had a small Coleman before, but it would not do the job. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-C2002-Porter...2em118Q2el1247
    Last edited by dale farley; 04-20-2008 at 04:51 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Default Air Compressor

I took a look in the bays and guess what I found just as John said. Miracles never cease as I actually accomplished something. there is a place to hook up air hose in first bay. i will borrow a hose and see what kind of pressure I can generate and if good will run and buy one. If not I will try compressor suggested by the "Man from the Beach". Thanks again, Dan
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan, You do not need to buy a compressor. I air my tires from the air connection from the bus air in the steering compartment. Like Jon said, let the engine build up 120/125 lbs and you can air up all of your tires. Darrell

Dan,

It is a good idea to carry an air hose with a quick connect coupling. I used mine Friday night at the Sevierville rally. While I was checking my tire pressure Friday night; I found that my passenger side tag tire had lost 50 pounds of air. I aired it up Saturday morning and drove to a TA truck stop and had the nail removed. If I would not have had the air hose I would have had to call a tire repair service. Having the air hose on board paid for itself
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

If you do decide to purchase a compressor, here is a link to a nice unit that will give you 135 lbs of pressure. Very few of the small compressors will go that high.
    http://www.reconditionedsales.com/Hi...d)___i294.aspx

What about that air doubler that was discussed on the BB? What is the model and price and source?
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gmcbuffalo View Post
    What about that air doubler that was discussed on the BB? What is the model and price and source?
    Greg
    Greg,

I have an air doubler installed in my Newell. I bought it from Newell Coach and I can get the information on it if you would like it. But, Jon posted somewhere a while back that your series 60 air compressor can be adjusted to produce 130 psi. I could never get more than 90 psi out of my series 60 so I installed the air doubler. Maybe Jon can jump in with a "how to" adjust a series 60 to produce 130psi. That would save you the cost of an air doubler (about $300).
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I have no clue how to adjust my bus air compressor.

I surmise if Tuga was getting only 90 PSI he has a regulator between his quick connect fitting and his line to the aux air system. Once he finds that and adjusts it to allow full air pressure he can fill his tires from that.

Tuga,

I suspect your brake air pressure gauges are showing higher than 90 PSI. If not you need to get that resolved. We all run around 120, 125 or up to 130.