Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preparing to take the Plunge

Jon has been very gracious with his time and has helped me immensely. We are very excited to get to see the bus in person in a few days. Being a newbie first time RV or bus owner of any kind, I am apprehensive about everything, and have placed a great deal of trust in the POG members. I hope one day to be able to contribute to the group as well.

Thanks for your comments. It always helps to have someone with experience tell you that you are headed down the right path.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Aggies09,

Hey, been there done that, know the feeling. Carole and I also have never had an RV of any kind let alone one built into a Prevost. Biggest anxiety I faced was the first time behind the wheel. My wife and the current owner were along for the ride. All I heard, in very concerned tones, was "get left!" My initial inclinations was to look to short down the road ahead. That lead to making the wrong steering adjustments. The advice I got was look farther ahead and use the mirrors to make certain I could see the yellow and white lane laines on either side of the coach.

My wife took her first turn behind the wheel a couple months ago. She asked me to be kind and not shout at her. I promised she would be afforded the same level of courtesies I had received when first behind the wheel. Of course that included numerous but declining numbers of, "Get left!"

So take a deep cleansing breath, get behind the wheel, and drive safely!

Will

Default Aggies09

I don't often get the time to get on the site but I was reading thru it and came across this and had to reply, buying a conversion and being a first timer in the RV market, if I have that correct, can be unchartered territory for even a fairly educated buyer and this forum can help relieve some of that anxiety. With the companies that have come and gone thru the years it can make it even more of a challenge especially in the pre-owned market, my family has been in this business for 40 years now and I tell most all of my customers that I hope to be treated as well someday as our company treats its customers, be it they buy a new or pre-owned Liberty Coach or a pre-owned coach of any make we have. The coach you are looking at is a very nice unit and has systems on it that other companies are just starting to use today and I can personally assure you that neither the coach or my company will ever make you question your decision. It is our job to make sure you have a great experience, otherwise we as an industry risk loosing you from the entire market.
    Frank Konigseder
    Vice President/Co-Owner
    Liberty Coach, Inc.

At the risk of being accused of being a toady for Liberty I will chime in here and confirm that what Frank says is exactly right. As any Liberty owner will attest when things go wrong (if they go wrong) you can be assured of complete support.

While one can argue the relative virtues of the various coach conversions, Franks willingness to show his presence in our midst is both refreshing and a testimony to his interest. I for one am appreciative of the effort and look forward to any future comments he may wish to make. Thankyou Mr. K.

Frank,

The subject of Converters participating on the forum just came up at the round table discussion in Sevierville on Friday. Thank you very much for posting and I hope we hear more from you in the future.

Kind of makes you want to buy a Liberty, huh boy's!

Thanks for posting Frank.

Maybe I'll rethink things and sell the Marathon instead.

Thanks for your teams support at POG 5. It was appreciated.

Frank,

I very much appreciate your comments and look forward to my trip to Florida later this week to look at the coach that I am preparing to purchase. I must say that all of the people that have affiliations with Liberty in one form or another have spoken highly of the organization, it's ethics, and it's willingness to stand behind it's products. I understand that all of this reputation has to be earned and thus my willingness to purchase from Liberty.

I look forward to meeting you in our travels in the future.
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Default Dealing with Liberty Coach

You will find Liberty to be a great coach and a super group of people to deal with. I now have my third Liberty and have loved each of them. They are the most trouble free coaches I have ever owned, and I have had one or two of just about every motorhome out there over the past 36 years of motor coaching.

Ed Saylor

Default Ed and Liberty

Ed: Must agree you with totally about Liberty. I have owned a number of motor homes and the Liberty has been the best.

Also good to see you post, Micki and I often think of you and Donna, gotta ask - hows the foot? Wishing and praying for the best. Let us hear from more often.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost