Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size & brand LCD flat panel?

Hybrid View

bill&jody Guest

bill replaced both our tv's over a year ago with samsung.

so far, so good. here are some pics from the thread. since then, the external wiring is clean and the cabinet behind is finished and painted black. it is a great place for the components.
    http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...hlight=flat+tv

Tully Guest

Both installs look very very nice. Cannot wait to see what I have to deal with and just how I will install. By the looks of it, I could go both ways. Will keep all updated and certain I will have additional questions.

Thanks,

Tully

Judi Brown Guest

Default Flat screen TV

We put a 26" Insigna in the front and fit perfect. Bought 32" sony Bravia
    for rear and when unpacking, read warranty and it said not for RV use.
    So we don't know if should install or not.
    Judi B

Judi,

I'm not sure, but it sounds like they're worried about the vibration issue and the warranty.

Mike

Tully Guest

Does anyone have pic's of an install on the back tV?

Tully

Judi, I too saw that Sony said don't use in an RV. If you ask a knowledgeable salesman, I think they will all tell you that virtually none are recommended for use in any application that is not stationary. When looking, I couldn't find any that said they were recommended for an RV. There may be some, but I didn't come across them.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Tully, here is a picture of the rear TV mount in our coach. I ended up using a different mount, but the frame up is what I think you are looking for. No comments on the carpentry work, I had to cut the brace down in order to get my hand back in there to hook things up. Unless you install a real small set, the new flat screen is going to stick out a bit but it's no big deal. The other picture is the front flat screen.

Ted, I feel right at home with that carpenter work. We all know that utility is more important than aesthetics. Especially when it isn't seen.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Tully Guest

So we took off the wood face plate today and pulled out he old tube tv. I ended up getting the 26 inch Sony Brav. edition.

Lots of open space to work with. We are going to cut plywood to the size of the opening. Will cut and weld a metal plate to size of back of tv mounting and attach to plywood. Will us a piano hinge that will run from the top to bottom of the opening. Basically the tv will be mounted and will open and close on the hinged mount to give access to the inside of cabinet. You will pull tv from right side and will swing open. Still looking into how the door will stay shut. Idea?

Have already installed the Winegard In-Motion dome on top and going to run antenna cox- to front of cab and drill entry hole.

The fun then begins with trying to wire all this up.

The nice thing is the the storage compartments up from and above have lots of room to expand for surround sound and such. My concern? Can I put an exention style power strip to take the two recepticals to 4 or six? Is this a big issue?

Will try to keep updated and post some pic's as we get further along.

Tully

I doubt that you will have any problems installing a power strip. Another advantage of the LCD TV is that it draws less current than a tube TV.

We also have the 26" Sony Bravia installed in the front of the bus and it has worked out perfectly.

When completing your wiring, I suggest that you run a separate line from the satellite to a dedicated input on the TV. That way, you can simply use the TV remote to switch back and forth between satellite and cable/antenna. No more having to get up and select a different input from the switch box!

You can also do the same for a DVD/VCR player, as the Sony has several inputs.

Good luck with your project....