Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday Night Pot Luck

bill&jody Guest

Default Monday Night Pot Luck

hola!
    excited to see you all - and meet those of you coming for the first time. try to keep a low profile - from, well . . . you'll find out!

in an effort to avoid the "we are out of main dishes but we have TONS of dessert" effect, skiffer has encouraged me to post a NEW division of food for our pot luck for arrival monday night based on the attendance list. please note: if you have multiple names on your RSVP, please refer to the female name for the category of what to bring. sorry - we all know who is really preparing the dish to bring. lol.

thanks in advance - hopefully, if everyone complies, we will have more than 4 main dishes and plenty of food for all!!

last names beginning with:

A - C please bring an appetizer
    D - H please bring a main dish
    I - R please bring a side dish
    S - Z please bring a dessert

this is assuming (!) sponsors are not bringing a dish - if all our wonderful sponsors want to contribute - please feel free to bring whatever you would like. alcohol is always good. we love our sponsors!

any thoughts - questions, respond here - no flaming, please. just trying to make sure we all get enough.

see you all soon,
    jody

Default Good move Jody and Skiffer

Way to go Jody

Micki just commented to me today that should be changed. Good going!! You know we like to eat!!& lots of it.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Since we are planning on leaving tomorrow (Monday) and stopping at our daughters on the way to Sevierville, my wife went by the old "Who Does What" and made a main dish. Hopefully that does not short the side dishes.

Taking this idea one step further, I suggest that we rotate dish catagories at each rally so someone preparing a dessert for this rally would fall into the appetizer catagory the next rally and side dish the rally following.

bill&jody Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Since we are planning on leaving tomorrow (Monday) and stopping at our daughters on the way to Sevierville, my wife went by the old "Who Does What" and made a main dish. Hopefully that does not short the side dishes.
    actually that works out perfectly. aj and his family will not be able to make it and they were to bring a main dish!

thanks for your concern - it all works out in the end.

jody

dalej Guest

Jody, what's the old man been up to lately? he's been quite.

bill&jody Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Taking this idea one step further, I suggest that we rotate dish catagories at each rally so someone preparing a dessert for this rally would fall into the appetizer catagory the next rally and side dish the rally following.
    sorry, di, i was going to do that but i didn't want anyone to think i was fixing this - we always are in the main dish category and didn't want to be accused of wimping out with a bowl of chips. plus everyone KNOWS who makes the best cookies!!! just ask bill.

bill&jody Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Jody, what's the old man been up to lately? he's been quite.
    oh yea quiet, dale? not here. we are going to be in CT for the summer and have been frantically trying to get everything finished here before heading to TN. we aren't ready to leave FL. now, what he thinks is critical and what i think . . . yea, you get the picture.

so, if we come back here after the rally we probably won't bring the bike. i was really looking forward to dragon's tail - i really enjoyed the sisters! only i only did 2 of them though. hahhahahahah.

let's see if i can stir up any trouble.
    jody

dalej Guest

Tell Mr Bill....If he doesn't bring the HD, He's in big trouble!!!

nealandjudy Guest

Default Pot Luck

Hi Jody!

Neal and I are going to be at the rally and I was wondering if there is something that I could bring. We don't have a bus yet but I could bring our crockpot, since we are driving, and make chili con queso or something like that. I would just need an outlet to plug it into. Or we could bring some adult beverages.

Any thoughts or suggestions?