Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Tail Lights - Let the Bling Begin

Default MangoMike - King of Bling

I'm sure that is the case.

And the one on the right doesn't have the correct ratio of red to yellow lights; not that there's anything wrong with that....

Just for the hell of it I may go down to Home Depot to get some real bling so you guys will pick up your toys and go home.

Right now I envision awning lights (I'm leaning towards Chinese lantern motif), pink flamingos (internally lighted), solar powered yard lights to illuminate the coach (motion sensor actuated of course), and from my local AutoZone I expect to get my ever popular lighted license plate frame (with the moving leds going around the perimeter) and my blue windshield washer nozzle lights.

I have the spinner hubcaps on order.

Fear me.

ken&ellen Guest

Talking Careful Jon

You just may cross the line from Bling to trailer trash! Although I always felt a few lawn gnomes with flashing eyes were a nice touch. It is however tough to turn a blind eye to the bobble head dolls mounted on the dash. Here in the South I have noticed a fan favorite....the glowing Jesus which seems to follow you as you walk by the coach! Ken

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Aaah, the custom spinner caps, y'know the ones that stand still when you are moving and continue to rotate when you stop?

A guy had them on his H3-45, custom jobs at $18K. When he traded for a new coach, he ordered new ones and left the others on the old bus. Guess when a guy wants a new bus, he wants a NEW bus.

Maybe you could get his old ones?

Thumbs up Woo Hoo! Parts at Last

I can't believe that the parts I ordered all arrived the day BEFORE I intended to put them on.

This should give Jon a woody.

New Mud Flaps

The New LED Tail / Signal / Brake Lights

The Last LED Marker Light

Coolant Reservior Cap

I was also able to source some of those black rubber plugs with the threaded brass insert that poke in the side of the coach where the marker lights attach. If you have an older coach, these are probably dry rotted and may require replacement. IBP has those bad boys. I now have 8; four to use and (for Jon) four spares.

I also installed the new exhaust tip on the muffler. Instead of the standard 45deg version, we ran it straight out the side and extended the tip about an inch or so. Looks Lew Sweet.

K&E,

On a Liberty you can't really tell where bling leaves off and trailer trash takes over, so he will be okay.
    Last edited by Jerry Winchester; 05-18-2006 at 06:20 PM.

When I tell Di about the "bling" discussion why does she call us little boys?

Default Bus Bling

Jon: Unless you get some of those yard ducks with wings spinning in the wind- this guy is going to blow your doors on the bling thing!

JW: I will try to get you his phone number- pretty nice - uh?
    Roger

Mango and Jerry are in a race to see which of them gets their bus to look like that first.

Based on what I've seen, they are getting close.

If it won't go, chrome it.

Roger,

I thought that was a photo of the Liberty factory test coach?

Well I am now leading the LED Arms Race. The tail, signal, stop LEDs are installed and all I can say is WoW.

They snap on and off instead of dribbling on and off (like Jon at the loo) and they are noticeably brighter. Even the airport line guys had to come check it out.

I only wish Lew were here to see it. Mike and I don't think you can put a price on envy, so for all the naysayers, we scoff at your filaments.