Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: LED Tail Lights - Let the Bling Begin

Default The definition of Bling

I'm getting concerned here.

There is a strong sensation that there are some among us define bling as the stuff you find on trucks owned by independents and loaded with chrome and lights. (and mortgaged of course)

There are others among us who define bling as a quality level or attention to detail. You all know who you are.

We now find ourselves in the middle of a contest with the preliminaries already in progress. I think I read a comment from JPJ that suggested the contestants will have to sell the crowd on their bling by describing why they should win.

I can see this is going to end up with countless debates and lots of trash talking. Someone without a dog in this fight needs to be prepared to step forward and create some definitions and ground rules otherwise there will be a lot of blood and tears.

From now on I want the members of this august forum to cease calling me Mr. Anal, and refer to me by my real title....BLING KING!

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default OK, Burger King

What has been suggested might work in some kind of organized, hierarchically-based or defined, 'organization,' however, this is POG.

The guy that brings it up owns it.

Jon was the first person to mention Bling on this board, so he owns it.

However, since he seems to have some kind of an interest in the vaunted Stainless Steel Cooker (and all the abundant coinciding intangible rewards therefrom), he obviously is not a neutral party.

I have previously withdrawn myself as a judge due to complaints that I was a previous Liberty owner, and therefore unable to be objective in my judging. As a Vogue owner now (much better than a Liberty anyway), I must continue to recuse myself from judging. I cannot confirm nor deny any Bling-age from the undisclosed location from which I am writing this post.

It is not wholly possible to describe Bling. Kind of like Great Art, you know it when you see it.

We then return to the original owner of this idea, Dr. Burger King. (Did I get that right?). Anyway, the subjective influences of art will dominate here, since I talked Parliament out of the cooker in the first place.

Therefore, the only and ultimate test will be an 80+-year old woman stating, "Wow, nice bus."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As noted previously, guys who argue about the rules before a fight usually get sucker-punched by someone with a plan.

Who is that person?

Default ice judge

Burger King? What kinda king is that? thats cruel.

Hey I am bringing my own Judge - Any questions:?

Hey Roger old buddy,

Just ignore the Burger King remark. I can see the name calling and trash talking is going to ramp up as SF nears and that kind of conduct is indicative of fear.

As far as I'm concerned the rest of the folks can do what they want, but to me their efforts will be akin to putting nail polish on a pig. I think when this comes down to the final vote it will be you against me, so maybe you can consider throwing it my way if I relieve you of the responsibility of giving me that M3 BMW. Deal, or no deal?

Default Bling Forfieture?

Jon: Your offer is tempting, but they made more than one M3, and there may be only one 2006 Bling Cooker, so we must negotiate further and harder to accomplish this rigging. Besides Micki has been searching the seven seas for Bling:
    e

We have based our search in Camp Mytrle Beach at this time - scheduled to move out in the a.m.

Roger that

Lots chest-pounding and crowing going on here. Our "secret weapon" will be descending upon Santa Fe shortly. Then, the 85 year old judge will bestow the "bling crown" to us, Jim and Chris, and we will "graciously" accept IT and the "COOKER!"

TEE MINUS 77 DAYS and counting.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 07-26-2006 at 07:57 PM.

I'm reading these ramblings out of order after a week away (while the kids played), but CObus, you must be running scared otherwise you wouldn't be adding LED lights.

I'm pin striping my oil pans tomorrow.

Ben Guest

Default Bike Bling

I've heard that Jerry will be bringing his bike to POGII and wanted to add some LED bling. I thought he was talking about bringing a HOG to POG, but it turns out it was his pedal bike:

Jon, We were ahead of everyone last year. We added the LED's last year after the paint was dry. The old lights needed to be changed anyways, so why not. We have considered extra stainless banding for the front and the rear of the coach, but there is a $$$$ issue between Prevost-Texas and the Stainless guy in Florida. So, we wait. That, too, we were to add last fall.
    No, our "Bling-Buster" is safely locked away in the Toy-Box awaiting its trip to SFe.

Tee Minus 74 days and counting
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 07-29-2006 at 03:58 PM.

All I can say is my 1400 mile test run has proven my bling.

It is not only invisible to the naked eye until I deem it appropriate for it to be seen, it is a multi-level bling package that can only be compared in its WOW factor to the grand finale of a fireworks display with each component of the total bling experience adding awe to the viewer.

You might as well leave yours in the toy box. The King of Bling is ready to claim his prize.

Winchester's bling is a tent that does not leak in the rain, and Mango's bling is a trio of melted wax Tiki candles. This is way too easy.