Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying Tires

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Has anyone used or know of anyone that used/uses Firestone tires on their bus? I was at a tire store recently asking about Michelin tires and they suggested Firestone since they are several hundred $$ less in cost. The salesman also said that they have several bus companies using them without any problems.

This dealership has several locations in NE Ohio and seem to be very knowledgeable.
    Denny,

The cheapest guy in the state for any tire is almost across the street from you! Call Dave and ask him about any tire brand or size you are interested in, he doesn't do truck or bus tires but they are available from him. I can give you the name of a guy that we use in the shop he will dismount and mount a tire for $10 each.

Denny, My rear tires are all Firestone. They are about 3 years old and still look like new. My local dealer recommends Firestone over Michelin because of the price differential, and he does sell both. I currently have Michelin on front and Firestone on rear.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Orren Zook View Post
    Denny,

The cheapest guy in the state for any tire is almost across the street from you! Call Dave and ask him about any tire brand or size you are interested in, he doesn't do truck or bus tires but they are available from him. I can give you the name of a guy that we use in the shop he will dismount and mount a tire for $10 each.
    Orren,

What is the name (phone # if you have it handy) of that dealer. I'm heading to Michigan in May to pickup my daughter from school and it may be a good time to get a couple if the price is right.

Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Denny,

Just go for the Michelin's and raise your rates!

Careful on advise from A-1, he chose to buy "May Pops" and that's why he only runs 62.5. He's trying to prop up the value of the Yen and there's rumor of a personal invitation to the Olympic's from the Chinese Officials who are interested in his Metal Fabrication Process in Jamestown. They heard he's converting scrap steel to some form of vehicle support used by red necks in TN to hold up the junk trucks in their yards and being sold to rich bus owners as safety equipment.

Truk....you still hurting about my reference to your trike and Radio Flyer? Get over it. I don't have a metal fabrication company in NY. That is just where my welfare checks come from.

Go take a nap.