Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dry Camping?

lewpopp Guest

Dale, you damn Husker, he is the sentence structure Joe worries about, (yeah, sure).

It's not "Joe your the man", it is Joe, you're the man. Damnit get it right!

Aj,

Mel Torme is correct this is the place to stay. I've never been there myself, but all the reports I hear are positive. Plus they'll get you to the Metro so you can tour DC without the hassels of driving/parking.

Also i wouldn't worry at all about dry camping. We do it all the time and I just run the generator until bedtime and let the batteries take over until morning. We spent 5 nights in a blizzard on top of a mountain at Snowshoe ski area in West Virginia dry camping in the lodge parking lot. Snug as a bug and no problems whatsoever.

Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 04-05-2008 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Aj,

Mel Torme is correct this is the place to stay. I've never been there myself, but all the reports I hear are positive. Plus they'll get you to the Metro so you can tour DC without the hassels of driving/parking.

Also i wouldn't worry at all about dry camping. We do it all the time and I just run the generator until bedtime and let the batteries take over until morning. We spent 5 nights in a blizzard on top of a mountain at Snowshoe ski area in West Virginia dry camping in the lodge parking lot. Snug as a bug and no problems whatsoever.

Mike
    Cherry Hill is a great choice. I've stayed there several times. In fact this is where I first went to a Prevost rally sponsored by Marathon back in 2002. Justice Thomas was on hand to say hello as well. There are lots of larger sites, big park, good camp store, great transportation to the metro and directly into all of the DC attractions. make sure that you follow the directions carefully, there are a few twists and turns.

For those of you that want to be near Baltimore or Annapolis there is a great KOA in Millersville Md. It has excellent pull through sites as well in a nice setting.

ajhaig Guest

We had our first dry camping experience. Everything worked well, it is nice not to wake up to the sound of an F350 pickup truck!

Thanks for all the input.

AJ
    Attached Images Attached Images