Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movin' on up!

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Movin' on up!

Now that we have the XLV, which I said was my LAST bus, I find that there's another step to be made.

Does this MPD thing ever end?

lewpopp Guest

Bye the way, Jeff, is that pool size water pump available for any coach, if it fits? And have you heard how much it is

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default The Mach 5 Pump

I don't know how much they cost.

They are the ones that Parliament uses on their new coaches. The more I get into the Vogue the more I realize that they are just 'early Parliament' coaches, as most of the design team that worked on the Vogues are still with Parliament...many of the features that they used, included the pump are still used on Parliaments. If you had a PAR marine pump with an accumulator tank, this pump would take up less space than your current set up. A quick phone call to Parliament would likely discover pricing, or you could call headhunter, the manufacturer. Here are the specs on the pump:

http://www.headhunterinc.com/mach5.htm

The new Parliament do use an accumulator tank for one reason: If you, ahem, run dry, the only shutoff is the heat overload at the pump. With an accumulator tank, there is a float inside the fresh water tank that shuts off the pump. But who the heck would ever run out of water?

In our short use of the coach to date, the pump is as quiet as a PAR pump, with much greater water flow. The inlet and output of the tank are 1" hose, so you get big volume with lots of pressure. It does have some kind of sensor in it so it doesn't run every time you take a little water. There was one sold on ebay for $399 (nearly new) so I suppose they are priced at something more than that.

And yes, there is a control panel on the top of the pump that begs to have some kind of a wood veneer on the top of it.
    Last edited by Just Plain Jeff; 05-14-2006 at 07:45 AM.

Exclamation But who the heck would ever run out of water?

I don't know who that would be, but I know that 4 out of 6 XLV coaches at the rally had mid ship damage of one kind or another. One was even damaged on BOTH sides.

Who would be guilty of both offenses?

Last edited by Jerry Winchester; 05-14-2006 at 09:21 AM.

JDUB,

Remember - every dog has it's day.

Mango-a-Mothers-Day

I'm thinking I need a postal restraining order.

Both of you. UP TO YOUR ROOM NOW.

Don't make me have to get the fly swatter. Damn kids. Lew, jump in here and holler at them.

Jon,

Just keep in mind you won't have Di around to defend you at OSH.

MM

No he won't, but remember Mike, there is strength in numbers and where will you find more anal folks than at OSH? He could call an anal airstrike in on us

All the more reason we need more BUSSES at OSH. Come on Fast Roger, Truk4u, BOB-00, Lewpopp, Richard and more...