Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bus Washing at Sevierville

You're right JDUB.

...plus he always had a complete set of tools to complete his task... at 7am.

kevin_2881_2.jpg

A word of caution. That is an excellent set up, but it should only be used on rivet coaches.

I understand Prevost has language in the owner's manual forbidding the use of power washing equipment on late model coaches because it peels the skin off the frame. Something about the glue melting. I think.

Jon, you are correct however I had the extra strong glue used when they installed my new side panels. Just to be sure I also backed down on the throttle on the pressure washer now that I have no rivets. The good news is you don't need to scrub as hard because there isn't any bug guts collected around the rivets.

You not only have to back down on the pressure washer Keven, but also your traveling speed.

There have been reports of stainless and aluminum panels littering the roadsides. I have seen them myself......usually near the plastic bug shield pieces. The wind just peels everything off. They call that the Aloha effect.

Petervs Guest

Jon,
    Don't you think that is a bit harsh....those XLII coaches do look nice.

Think of it like an airplane built with flush rivets rather than regular rivets.

Peter,

I guess I should be more sympathetic to the bonded sheet metal crowd that probably wishes they had flush rivets rather than Elmer's.

I cannot help but think of the plastic RV crowd that has suffered for years with their RV skins delaminating. At least Prevost is stepping up to the plate.

Me thinks me detects a touch of frienvy from the rivetheads. Fret not, a rivet intervention is scheduled for Wednesday at the rally.

This coming from a guy who goes up in the sky inside a formation of flying rivets?

There are two kinds of bonded coach guys.....those whose have, and those whose will.

Some hot summer day when the bus is pointing east-west at noon there will be a loud "boink" on the south side of the bus and 450 square feet of tin will be laying alongside the coach. Right next to the plastic shield. (Oops....wrong thread.)

Jon,

Don't forget the pile of glue when the piece falls off, it will attach itself to Jdubs #12 brogans and be placed inside the Orangemobile for Rae to cleanup. The poor girl has a hard enough time with the underwear!

You are reading all this, right JDUB. I will never understand why some people say the things they say.