Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prevost Shell/Custom Order

Gary,

According to Prevost, the motorhome XLII version has a floor to ceiling height of 86 and the entertainer is 89 for the shell. I don't know about the ribs for the XLII, but will note that most entertainers have no ribs above the bay doors, but have a flat sheet of aluminum.

The heights for the XL chassis were for the shell as well. The actual finished interior height will vary based on the ceiling treatment used by the convertor.

Loc
    Last edited by Loc; 03-31-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Gary,

According to Prevost, the motorhome XLII version has a floor to ceiling height of 86 and the entertainer is 89 for the shell. I don't know about the ribs for the XLII, but will note that most entertainers have no ribs above the bay doors, but have a flat sheet of aluminum.

The heights for the XL chassis were for the shell as well. The actual finished interior height will vary based on the ceiling treatment used by the convertor.

Loc
    I guess it was an option on the XL's back then and now the height is standard possibly? Here's a question. On my build sheet my coach is called an XLVS, be below:

This is off of the build sheet: COACH #0533 XLVS What does the "VS" stand for????

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    I guess it was an option on the XL's back then and now the height is standard possibly? Here's a question. On my build sheet my coach is called an XLVS, be below:

This is off of the build sheet: COACH #0533 XLVS What does the "VS" stand for????
    By roman numerals, for example, XL= the number 40

The XL = 40' bus
    The XLV = 45' bus

S = slide
    SS= 2 slides

add as many S as you like, but usually after SS, for two, it reverts to (3 slide) (4 slide)
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 03-31-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    The XLV = 45' bus

S = slide
    SS= 2 slides
    Thanks Jim,

I would have never figured this out. So the new coaches with four slides are XLIIVSSSS ????

dalej Guest

Bruce, mine measures 81" from top of floor to bottom of ceiling. Pretty sure my coach is a 83 inch build.

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Bruce, mine measures 81" from top of floor to bottom of ceiling. Pretty sure my coach is a 83 inch build.
    Fun stuff, we are always learning new stuff thanks to all of you. In my original post on this subject I had asked a few questions about my build sheet, the other was about a fuel filter option that was ordered.My question was as follows:

2. Fuel Pro 380 Filter: Who is familiar with this system. Its a large fuel filter for sure, its easy to get to, but how does one drain this beast if water gets in the bottom. What about filters etc. I always think of boats when thinking of water in fuel, is this a big issue in Prevosts?

If you are speaking about the clear cylinder about 14" tall, mine has a valve at the bottom to drain off water.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Any time I have questions about components I google the stuff. It is likely the manufacturer has all information including service manuals on line.

Most of us that have other than standard filters have the larger Racor filter/separators.

Bruce my guess; This is the mfg. you are looking for? Davco

Check out their website for more information on your product. Yours may be outdated, but I am sure they can help you further, with all the information you may need.

http://www.davcotec.com/fp382.htm

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Peggy Stevens View Post
    Bruce my guess; This is the mfg. you are looking for? Davco

Check out their website for more information on your product. Yours may be outdated, but I am sure they can help you further, with all the information you may need.

http://www.davcotec.com/fp382.htm

Gary S.
    Thanks Gary and Jon. I did google it and found the 380 unit. I like the idea of a heated version as well, big bucks I suspect, great for cold climates. I see the drain at the bottom as well.