Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Refrigerator Repair

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I thinking of a great picture for this thread. JUB can you guess

In selecting a new refer, I would not choose sub zero unless you do some research. Some of these units displace excessive heat and tend to be
    noisey.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    In selecting a new refer, I would not choose sub zero unless you do some research. Some of these units displace excessive heat and tend to be
    noisey.
    We have a sub Zero side by side in the house now, no great shakes. I bet they don't make as good a product as the old Amana's.

Jon talks about the circuit board replacements. This brings up a consideration. What about surge protection in the coach. Is any provided by the invertors?? How about having one in front of the frig plug??

Do a search of RV surge protectors. There are numerous sources of them, and we recently had a thread about them that you should be able to review using the search function. That way the entire bus is protected.

Some converters build protection into the coach.

I found a really cool appliance repair website called "repairclinic.com"

I also found the model # for my frig in my original build sheet. here is a link to the website:

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSea...FRUYsgodtRrsRQ

I just mentioned sub-zero...there are a number of others. Point is that a commercial unit will last longer than a domestic...hopefully! Your right about the old Amana...but remember they don't build the old Amana today! Hecho in China.....
    Last edited by flyu2there; 03-30-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyu2there View Post
    I just mentioned sub-zero...there are a number of others. Point is that a commercial unit will last longer than a domestic...hopefully! Your right about the old Amana...but remember they don't build the old Amana today! Hecho in China.....
    Don't get me going on the Made In China thing. My wife will spend $100 in gas to find something made in North America, and when she finds it she buys it whether she needs it or not.

We have just had some bad experiences with a commercial kitchen we put in our home a few years ago, wolf/Sub Zero lots of repairs, stupid stuff, and the same repair over and over.

I just am mad at myself for not following my heart when I had the coach in Coburg. Replaced the microwave and wanted to replace the frig, and my wife said it looked like it was brand new and hardly ever used. I even replaced the very same window that it has to come through because it had a crack, ha ha.

Default Progressive Industries Surge Protector

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    This brings up a consideration. What about surge protection in the coach. Is any provided by the invertors??

Here is the Surge Protector I and some of the others have been using. http://www.progressiveindustries.net/PT50C.asp

It protects everything on the bus, and lets you check the post for proper wiring before plugging in!

A little expensive, but not when you consider what it does for you and your bus.

Gary S.