Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper Window Glass Tinting/Paint

Default Upper Window Glass Tinting/Paint

I have noticed that my upper window glass (Front/Sides) above the main front windows is loosing its tint or the paint is fading. I wish that Marathon had made the solid metal upper panels in their conversions of these buses, but have to work with what we have.

I had a lot of electronics (heat producers) up there that we had removed recently along with the years of sun baking away.

What is the best plan for cleaning this up? Repainting/Tinting this surface, or have any of you come up with ways to remove the glass and replace the panels with a solid paintable surface? Love to know.

Bruce

You can pull the windows and repaint . Dale can walk you thru it.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I once painted the inside of the back windows of a Chevy van black with spray paint. Came out perfect and lasted for as long as I had it.

Do we need to ask what you were doing inside that van that required blacked out windows?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Get your mind out of the gutter.

It was a 1 Ton with a Tommy-lift on the back that I used for a mobile power wash business I was into for a while.

I was thinking of hauling antiques or other valuables, but you must be thinking of something nasty you dirty old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I was thinking of hauling antiques or other valuables, but you must be thinking of something nasty you dirty old man.
    Just pull the inner rubber seal on the window to pull them out???? Is there more to this, what do you use to seal them back in??? What are the pitfalls here???

dalej Guest

Bruce, can you paint the inside of the glass with out pulling the glass? If you are taking the glass out then let me know and I can send you the tools needed to replace it.

You can borrow mine or I can sell you the kit for $25

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Bruce, can you paint the inside of the glass with out pulling the glass? If you are taking the glass out then let me know and I can send you the tools needed to replace it.

You can borrow mine or I can sell you the kit for $25
    I will take a better look at the windows when I get back over to San Antonio Fl. next week. I think though that there is, was so much electrical stuff up there that it might, depending on the complexity of taking out the window be easier to take them out and do it on the ground.

If I go the out route, I would really appreciate purchasing the tools.

Has anyone ever taken out windows and preplaced them with a solid metal surface that could be painted from the outside to match the coach like Country Coach and others do??

dalej Guest

I have not heard of anyone doing that but it could be done. I would think that if you really wanted to go that way a good body shop could weld or rivet in some panels so you could remove the rubber seals.

You could get the fiberglass cap put on also. I would think that some paint for the glass would be the way to go.