Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexan

I had the ding Masters out to look at my car and also my Coach. As long as you can access the back of the metal, they can take the ding out. I had a small dent on the side of my car , thanks to a guy backing into me, the price at the body shop was $1200.00 incl paint. The price from the Ding folks is $100.00.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

So back to this Lexan thing.......

I polished the sweet b's out of it and it came out, oh so nice. Later I wiped some solvent on it, just a titch and the polishing went away. A google search tells me that Lexan is polycarbonate...like the high strength glasses. Hard to scratch but when you do, throw them away.....

So, are all of the dressings simply adding a layer of clear goo, like the boys at the auto detailer's do?? I am not certain if any of the products that I have used actually cut into the plastic to level the scratches; it looks to me like they fill the voids for a time.

Any thoughts or should I break out the high speed buffer and machine rubbing compound first? I hope I am making sense and not suffering from a Bozone infection!

" Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future."

John
    Last edited by flyu2there; 04-01-2008 at 07:28 PM.

John, if you are coming to Sevierville I will bring along the Novus 3 part system and we'll try it out. I did the Lexan bug shiels on the front of my Country Coach before I sold it and the results were better than I expected.

I am happily no longer in the two coach club. Paul Davis sold the CC and I got a wire transfer today. You're next Mango.

John, If you are coming to Sevierville I will bring along the tools to just TAKE THAT POS OFF and you can drive naked like the rest of us and JUST SAY NO to plastic covers on the front of your coach.

There I said it. Two pages of polishing on this turd and that is still what it is.

Think of it like the old plastic covers your grandmother put on her sofa. Sometimes you just have to say WTF and live dangerously.

Jdub, tell us how you really feel!

Oh, I forgot to add the smiley face. Isn't that the international symbol for "just kidding"?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    John, If you are coming to Sevierville I will bring along the tools to just TAKE THAT POS OFF and you can drive naked like the rest of us and JUST SAY NO to plastic covers on the front of your coach.

There I said it. Two pages of polishing on this turd and that is still what it is.

Think of it like the old plastic covers your grandmother put on her sofa. Sometimes you just have to say WTF and live dangerously.

My gosh, Jerry. I understand taking your shoes off when you get in the coach, but this deal of driving naked is overkill. You all might get away with that in Houston, but I strongly advise at least a thong in other areas. Am I right Mike??

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post

To all you Country Coach owners coming to Sevierville I have new grommets for these POS that Jerry wishes he had on the front of his Bus. Anyone interested let me know and I will bring you some.

P.S. I love my plastic shield !
    Last edited by JIM KELLER; 04-02-2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spelling correction

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

lewpopp Guest

Jim,

After swimming thru the Dub's pile of Lew-isms, I noticed that you said you had some shield grommets. I have some cracked and broken plastic spacers and wondered where I could get some. Fill me in, please.

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Jim,

After swimming thru the Dub's pile of Lew-isms, I noticed that you said you had some shield grommets. I have some cracked and broken plastic spacers and wondered where I could get some. Fill me in, please.
    Lew, Sorry, I don't know where to get the plastic spacers. I only have the grommets that go into the shield itself. You are welcome to some of them if you need any. I never thought about the spacers needing to be replaced some day but I guess I will start looking for a source now.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty