Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Featherlite???

Ted & Jan,
    Could it have been the KMart parking lot? We don't have a Walmart although there is talk that we could be getting one soon. Gee, you should have stopped by to see us but we were probably on the way to Daytona also. We've gone for about four years in a row with the Good Sam group. If you're ever going to be in this area, let us know. We have room to park a coach and can set you up with some hookups. Hope to see you on the road! Bonnie

Hi, Bonnie, thanks for the invite. When I read Jan my earlier post, she told my that it was the Walmart in Crestview where we stayed on the way to Daytona. We were on the Camping World tour and it worked well for us. Maybe we will try the Good Sam deal next year if we go back. We do come your way every September, but stop off in Navarre Beach. We have taken the same house there for years (three rebuilds after storms) and the owner put in hookups for us several years back. The kids and grandkids stay in the house and we hide out in the coach.
    Still, one of these days we will give you guys a call and get together.
    You will love this forum. As I have said before, the best hundred bucks I've spent in a long time.

Ted & Jan,
    We used to rent a house in Navarre on the sound side before we bought this place in 1988. Then we used it as a vacation house until Donald retired in 1998. Then we redid the house and moved here full-time in 1999. Let us know if we can do anything for you while you're in the area.

Ted & Jan,
    Forgot to mention that we did the Camping World tour for the NASCAR race at Indy last year and think Good Sam does a better job. Our tickets at Daytona are phenomenal. We're just before the start/finish in the top row so we have a great view of the entire track. Our parking spots are just outside the new tunnel so it's easy walking distance to the track or the group leaders rent a couple golf carts for the people who have trouble walking. I highly recommend it.

rff105 Guest

Featherlite has about 30 full hook-up spots right on Lake Llyod in the infield at Daytona. If you are at Featherlite Monday make sure you meet Lori Koon she does all the NASCAR event orginizing.

Richard,
    I heard that the infield is pretty wild and wooly. Is that true? Also, where are their seats? Seems as if I saw something about the Featherlite setup and it was quite a bit more expensive than Good Sam. Of course, we're dry camping outside the track. We're close to the "water hose" and they do have service vehicles that come around but hookups would be nice. I'll try to meet her on Monday. Thanks for the info.

rff105 Guest

http://www.featherlitecoaches.com/vi...tail.cfm?ID=78

We were unable to make it this year but a seriously considering going next year. Here is a link to this year's races, and i don't think the fenced off section of parking on the lake is the wild and wooly section of the infield they show on TV. And yes I think this is likely the most expensive way to experience speedweeks in an RV. Keep in mind that the packages do include your tickets for all speedweeks events and Featherlite has a hospitiality tent where they serve lunch, dinner, and beverages Wed through Sun included with all packages.

rff105 Guest

Back with the new bus yet, I see the Featherlite site has it marked SOLD. Pictures, first impressions?

We're back. Love the coach so far. There certainly is a lot to learn. We have one little problem. My husband was sure we have 14' doors on the garage but it turns out they're 13'. We just found this out this afternoon so not sure yet what we're going to do. We didn't get back from Sanford until Wednesday night and he had some surgery Thursday morning so we hadn't even moved the coach since we drove into the driveway. Our old RV was in the garage and we moved it out this afternoon and found the problem. We're going to check into having one of the doors enlarged or lowering the floor a few inches. He feels really stupid right about now. After lowering the coach, we're just a little shy of being able to get in. The satellite dome is the problem, of course. I drove it for the first time on the way home and loved it. We're able to plug it in where it is so we can keep a couple air conditioners on. It's starting to warm up around here and we don't want to have problems with the laminate. I'm anxious to get on the road but don't know when we'll be able to get started. Any advice on what to do or not do? This one is a completely different animal than its predecessor. Thanks.

Drop the coach all the way down using the level low. A lot of us do gyrations like that to get our coaches inside the garage. That might just do the trick.