Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Featherlite???

Default Featherlite???

I'm new to the site and new to the wonderful world of Prevosts so looking for some input. I've read some of the posts and see a lot about Country Coach, Liberty, Marathon and Millennium but didn't notice anything about Featherlite. We're about to close a deal on a 2005 H3 Featherlite with double slides. The coach seems to be well-maintained and has low miles. It's the Centennial floorplan with 1 1/2 baths. Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) that might help us make the final decision? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. I think that there are just so many more Liberties, Marathons and Country Coaches is the reason most of the discussion here is about those conversions. But, a lot of the discussion is Prevost specific so it makes no difference which conversion you own.
    Congratulations on the new bus. Post a few pictures, we would love to see your ride.

Welcome,do you mean celebration floor plan?Since it is a 2005 I would request from the owner the maintenance documents.a 2005 coach should have a 2004 shell you can verify this by the Prevost serial number,from the end of the number count back 8 digits and it must be a #4.Also a 2004 shell will have 365 tires on the steering and tag axles.since it was built in 2004 the tires and batters only have about a year left in their life,I would ask the owner to replace house,chasis and generator batteries and all tires.The market is very soft and Featherlite has a 2007 H3 for 999K,which has hurt all used Featherlite products,don"t believe the salesman,make your own offer,if they don't accept it go look at other coaches.

I do mean Celebration. I knew it was one of those "C" words. The chassis is 2005 and the conversion a 2006. We looked at the $999 ones and didn't like any of them. Featherlite just got this one on consignment so, of course, they get their cut off the top. We haven't signed on the dotted line yet but I have my heart set on 1 1/2 baths and they seem pretty scarce. We've had several RVs but this is our first Prevost. Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the group. If you've had other RVs, you will be happy with the Prevost. Most of us have migrated from one of the other manufacturers before obtaining a Prevost, and so far, I haven't heard many who are wanting to go back.

If you find a coach that you like, and it has been well-maintained, and you are happy with the price, you should go for it. This forum will be a valuable asset to you before and after your acquisition of any Prevost. Hope you can make it to the rally we are having in TN starting on 14 April. There are about 50 Prevosts scheduled to be there. Here's a link to the Rally: http://www.prevost-stuff.com/prevost...up_rally_V.htm
    Last edited by dale farley; 03-27-2008 at 08:56 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

bonhall41,

Welcome to the forum, you will learn a lot reading these posts. I can't advise you on Featherlite, but I can tell you that my Newell has the 1 1/2 baths and we love it. It is great for tailgating or just traveling with another couple.

Try to make the Tenn rally even if you haven't closed on the Featherlite. You will meet some really nice folks and the information at the seminars is worth the trip.

Click on Quick Links in the top menu of this page, click on POG home, then rally information. Sign up, we would love to meet you.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Thanks for all the info. Wish we could make it to the Rally but we'll be taking care of our granddaughter that weekend while her parents go to a wedding. We don't get that pleasure very often. By the way, Roadrunner, we live just east of you in Niceville. Maybe we'll run into you somewhere soon.

We bit the bullet today and put down a deposit on the Featherlite. We are also buying a Featherlite stacker trailer so my husband can haul his SCCA race car as well as a streetmobile. They're doing a systems check on the coach, wiring it for the trailer and installing the hitch. We're planning to pick it up Monday or Tuesday unless they find a major problem. I'm really excited but now we need to get the current unit ready to sell. If you know anyone who's interested in a 2006 Haulmark d/s on a Freightliner chassis with a 32' stacker trailer, send them our way. I'm sure I'll be visiting this site often in the future. Look forward to meeting a lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by bonhall41 View Post
    We bit the bullet today and put down a deposit on the Featherlite.
    Bonnie, you will enjoy your Featherlite......We have had two Vantares--one was a non-slide H and the other was a double slide XL. Both were very unique coaches and we also found that customer support was excellent. Looking forward to seeing your new ride and your hubbies car!

Debi and Bob

dalej Guest

Debi, did you guys get your new one home yet? I haven't seen anything on it, but then again I miss some posts.