Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Time Prevost Owner - Questions....

Is there much of a learning curve on the driving of the 40foot tag of over the 39 foot single ax.?
    I think the big thing you'll find in driving differences is that your wheel base if probably much further apart with the bus, than with the motorhome. RV's tend to have rear wheels forward quite a bit, with a large overswing in the rear.

Buses have the wheels well towards the rear, so there is less overswing to worry about, however you have to swing wide to not clip your sides. Drive using the mirrors, and try to watch that your rear wheels are close to clearing the curb before making a right-hand turn, and you'll be ok. Generally stay on the high side of a turn.

Otherwise, you'll find that there is no comparison in the ride between your bus, and an RV. It will be a VERY pleasant change.

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Tully

We too live South of Chicago and also have family in Smithville Tn.

Bought 25 acre in Spencer Tn. but after Deb got cold feet cause it was too far out from relitives we sold it and are looking again. The taxes on it were 73 bucks a year!

Sounds like you got a great bus for a great price.

Congratulations Tully.

To help put this in perspective you bought a coach that will outlive you if you continue the maintenance and it will provide you with a lot of smiles per mile.

As an older coach there are many things that "age" out so as you become familiar with the coach and its previous history you may find things you want to replace as a preventive measure. Learn the coach, understand its systems, and when you want to step ahead of the maintenance curve (if that is even necessary) there are a bunch of folks here that will offer help and advice.

Hi Tully

Now the fun begins. I have been a Country Coach Prevost owner for less than a year now. Before that I had a Country Coach Magna. I normally attend the Country Coach Rallies and have a number of contacts at Country Coach that have always taken good care of me. Feel free to contact me at any time if I can be of any help to hook you up with the right people there. But you will be amazed by the knowledge and experience of the members here and the willingness of this group to always help you. After attending my first POG rally in Branson last year, I can't imagine owning a bus without having the support of everyone in this group. These are complex machines and the more I learn about them the more I realize what I don't know.
    Get ready for a great ride.

Miles & Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach Prevost XLII 45' D/S