Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Batteries

I ended up with an over voltage problem when the bus was running. Tom and I recorded 15 plus volts at my 12 volt outlet on the dash.

Turned out to be an alternator that was going bad. New alternator and the problem was resolved.... along with a much lighter wallet.

As a general rule I occasionally monitor my voltages directly at the batteries.

I have found that the on-board gauges are slightly incorrect, possibly because of the distance between the gauges and the batteries.

Our batteries for both the house and chassis have the ability to make a good trip into a nightmare and have done so on my previous coach. I now know having learned the hard way that if the batteries are checked while the bus is running, while being charged, after resting with no loads overnight, and after having a load applied for a while I can usually know one or more are going bad, or that they are OK.

The key is to check them regularly and after a while you will know what the normal reading is and when a reading is out of the norm it gives you an opportunity to investigate and correct a problem prior to a trip.

Default Prevost Documentatation - Model year?

Great info here - would never have found these docs without your guidance! I'm wondering, though - when searching for docs specific to my coach, would I search by "finished" year- in our case 2007, or chassis manufactured year - in our case June 2005?
    Clay Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Peggy Stevens View Post
    Ray, Here are the steps to get you to the beginning of places to look: You will then see how you can put in the information needed for your bus, year, model, and actual Prevost Number for your bus.

Check this out:

http://www.prevostcar.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?page=home

then click on Motorhomes, under Quick Links,
    then Parts & Services under the blue banner at the top of page,
    then Publications in red on the left hand side of the page.
    then Technical Publications on the left hand side,
    then Click here to enter the site in the middle of the page,
    NOW YOU CAN CHOOSE either:
    Technical Manuals, or Technical Publications, Wiring Diagrams or Pneumatic Diagrams. You will have to play around a little bit to find what you are looking for, but I think it is all there.

Just fill in the info on the left hand side columns and play around till you start finding the various publications, drawings or info that you are looking for. Don't forget you are reseraching a MTH not just a bus. The publications will come up in the center of your page and when you click on them, they will open up, to view, just like a book. WAY COOL, These darn computers, arent' they somethun ?

Jon W. would you like to add anything ? I am sure I have forgotten something,

Hope this helps? It helped me when the Prevost guy walked me through how to navigate the publications. I HOPE this is what you wanted ? !

Gary S.

Welcome Apeman,

When dealing with the Prevost site, and when getting your coach serviced, ordering parts etc, always give them the year of the coach, as indicated by the VIN number. You've indicated 2005, so that's what you would use.

To verify, the 8th digit back from the right side of the VIN should then be a 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...ication_Number will explain this. If you do a google seach for "vehicle VIN decode", you'll find several sites that you can simply enter your VIN, and they will spit out the details.

Ray

Prevost Car cares only about the year they manufactured your chassis. Usually, they will want your VIN number to correctly identify parts.

Make sure you always use the "chassis year" when dealing with Prevost and you should be OK.

Specifically the only meaningful numbers to the service techs or parts folks is the 8th number from the right and the 4 last digits.

My number is T-5811. Yours would be 5-XXXX