Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batteries

Default Batteries

So, Ive been wanting to do an inventory on how many and what type of batteries I have on my Coach. Starting with the Chasis Batteries , to Coach Batteries , Generator Battery, zip dee awning battery, Crestron Batterys, 5 or 6 remote control batteries, and so on. So, if anyone has a list , with details please post .
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

You forgot the small battery to power the computer should you have a total house battery failure. It is on the LH wall of the electric compartment, top, rear. Needs to be changed every two years.

Petervs Guest

There is a battery in your key fob to unlock the door.

There is a memory battery inside the ProDriver if you have one of those.

And hopefully you carry a flashlight or two for emergencies and peering into dark corners. Digital camera?

Then, maybe your hearing aid batteries should go on the list too.

I would be very interested in knowing the answer to this question. what is the number and where are each of these batteries housed in the coach. This would be great info. I asked to have all batteries changed out before I left the factory a few weeks ago, am now doubting that it happened beyond the house, gen and detroit batteries.

The answer to the question of batteries is not only converter specific, but it is often specific to a particular model year or length.

My 97 45 foot Liberty has the chassis batteries where everybody else's is, but my house batteries are immediately forward of that in the small compartment. A five year newer Liberty has the house batteries located in the center of the coach behind the first bay. My 87 Liberty had all batteries located in the engine bay, starting with the chassis batteries in the normal position and the house batteries in racks above them. Three Libertys and three distinctly different locations for the house batteries.

Default Key Fob NO Workie ?

Quote Originally Posted by Petervs View Post
    There is a battery in your key fob to unlock the door.
    Speaking of key Fobs that unlock the door. MINE doesn't work to unlock the door. I replaced the batteries, but still nothing. Where do I look next? Is there a relay of some sort in the drivers door, for the Auto Unlock / Lock? The dang door bell doesn't work either. Are they connected somehow.

The Keyless Entry keypad works great. It unlocks the door, and all bay doors? Man I should have bought a Liberty

Jon, I think you better get to Tn, a week ahead of the planned rally, otherwise your not going to get all my stuff done???

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    The answer to the question of batteries is not only converter specific, but it is often specific to a particular model year or length.

My 97 45 foot Liberty has the chassis batteries where everybody else's is, but my house batteries are immediately forward of that in the small compartment. A five year newer Liberty has the house batteries located in the center of the coach behind the first bay. My 87 Liberty had all batteries located in the engine bay, starting with the chassis batteries in the normal position and the house batteries in racks above them. Three Libertys and three distinctly different locations for the house batteries.
    Hi Jon, I new you would not have a simple answer. I certainly understand the convertor and year diferences, and also from coach to coach, upgrades, special features etc. But is there a basic list of batteries, or do we now have them all listed?

Bruce,

Now you are asking for the moon. At one time the only batteries supplied with the chassis were Delco 1150 and Prevost made it clear that was what they wanted in there. I have seen all different types even in the chassis, including AGM so I have no clue if Prevost even specifies a particular brand or type.

If you have read the posts in the past you will see that even for the same converter, and the same model year different batteries or types are used.

Again to use my 97 as a reference I have 4 8D AGM Lifeline. I have seen the same model year coach as mine with 3 8D gel cell, and when I was at Liberty in their shop I saw them replacing batteries with a different brand (Deka I think).

I replaced a wet cell generator start battery with an Optima, principly because I did not want a wet cell battery venting into my electric bay which is where my genset battery is located.

I have seen some country coach conversions with six 8D batteries.

Looks like you just have to record all the batteries you have, their location, and type, and when the time comes to replace them do the research to determine if there is a better alternative.

With battery prices heading the same direction as diesel fuel I would not be surprised to see buses going back to using very large golf car six volt wet cell batteries, requiring a little bit of new cabling, but giving a lot of capacity for the buck.

Petervs Guest

Gary S.
    Your key fob issue will require you to get a hold of the alarm manual, the door unlocking is all part of that system. At least it is on my 94. I am sure your converter probably installed some kind of automotive alarm system, and they usually need to have the key fob programmed to match the coach, especially if the battery has died, then it loses it's "mind".

We have a TrekMate alarm, if you happen to have the same I can forward a copy of the manual, but I bet yours is different, since you are quite a bit newer.

Peter is probably right about the key fob, it needs resetting. The door bell should have a transformer if it is connected to a 120 volt source, if no transformer, it should have its own 12 volt fuse.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide