Thread: Once upon a time...

Default Once upon a time...

Once upon a time, when we first took delivery of our Liberty, I set the generator to "Auto Start" by following the instructions on the master electrical panel inside the bus. The instructions were to press both the generator start switch and the auto start switch at the same time. The auto start indicator light came on and I can only assume that the generator was, in fact, going to start if needed.

Before we left the dealership, I noticed a very small diesel fuel leak in the generator bay. I then shut the generator auto start feature off so that the dealer could replace the fuel pump, which was determined to be the source of the leak.

Now, when I try to put the generator back into the auto start mode, I do not get the indication on the main panel that the mode is set. So, it appears from this panel that the auto start feature is not working.

However, the "mode" light is "on" on the Liberty Watchdog control box, which, according to the literature, indicates that the generator is set to auto start. The exterior auto start light however, is not on. I have tried the Watchdog reset button with the same results.

Any thoughts anybody?

Petervs Guest

Go to the auto start indicator light and check the bulb. Take it out and test it. Prove it is good before worrying further.

Send me $20 if I am right. Take your wife out to dinner if I am wrong.

Sounds like a plan!!

Try starting the generator and running it for a while. Then turn off and reset Auto Start. Sometimes my display willl not light up so I just start the generator and that seems to reset whatever. Also, my instructions just says to press the one button labeled 'Auto Start ' and hold for 5 seconds, not both buttons.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I'll try running the generator a bit.

Seems too coincidental that both (interior and exterior) auto start indicator lights would fail at the same time....

Thanks.