Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic stays for bay door

Default Pneumatic stays for bay door

I do not know what these are called. They are the pneumatic stays that hold the bay doors open. I have several to replace. I have the replacements but do not know how they are attached. There is a 1/2 inch bolt and nut at each end.

But the stays seem to have a snap like fitting in each end.

Question:

How do I remove and replace the stays? Thanks

Lloyd,if you look closely there is a wire that fits around the ball that is inserted into a socket,move the wire and the socket will be released from the ball.If you take the end that is on the door off you can then turn the cylinder counter clockwise and this will screw out the other end which is mounted in the bay.this can save a lot of time as some mounting locations are almost impossible to get to.Someone on this board buys these cylinders in bulk(I think Dale) that would be the lowest cost.Be careful and support the door well before you start this project.

I will look for the wire you mention. I did not notice one today. I will check tomorrow. Thanks.

dalej Guest

Lloyd, on the last order they raised the price to 22. With freight to you guys, I didn't think you would pay for them. Sorry, everything seems high now. I think Peter had a buy location or Prevost is the go to, maybe.

I already have the replacements. The previous owner has spares of almost everything on the bus. I just could not figure out how they came off and were installed.

I will try to find the wire that jack14r mentioned, tomorrow. Thanks.

Lloyd,

Bring everything to TN and we can all learn. If it is normal there will be about 20 guys gathered around doing your repairs.

Some are slow and lazy, but for the price you can't complain.

Default Price

Marathon is cheaper than Prevost for the air shocks. I just bought a bunch..

Hi Warren. Did you get them @ Marathon in So. California (Beaumont) or from Oregon. Have you checked out their new facility yet?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Petervs Guest

Brian told me about this place. Cheap prices and quick service. About $20 each as I recall.
    http://www.orrorr.com/category.asp?PID=1&MGID=1024

Default Marathon Calif

I ordered them from Coburg and had them shipped.. I was fixin to buy them from PVML, but the parts guy was kind enough to tell me that they bought them from Marathon & marked them up.

If you can get the same gas struts for 20 bucks, you are way ahead of the deal I got !

To quote someone more in the know than I, they were not sure as to the actual Marathon experience that most of the techs would have. Many probably came from National RV, which as you most know has gone belly up.

They are auctioning all their tools, machines, coaches, partial coaches the whole enchilada. It is located in Perris fwiw.

So to fairly answer the question Gary, I have not been to Beaumont yet. I am due for service, and will likely use PVML this time anyway.
    Last edited by jello_jeep; 03-18-2008 at 11:59 PM.