Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Def TV

Default High Def TV

I just installed a 32" Sony HD flat screen TV in my coach. It has a beautiful picture and I love it. I read on the DirecTV website that I would need a new HD receiver and a HD satellite antenna. Getting the HD receiver is no problem; I can order one from DirecTV when I subscribe to their HD service.

Six months ago I purchased a TracStar SV360 in motion satellite antenna; how can I tell if it is HD?
    Last edited by merle&louise; 03-17-2008 at 08:04 PM.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Jim_Scoggins Guest

They show an SV360 on their web site. Evidently there is a HD upgrade available.

http://www.tracstar.com/
    Last edited by Jim_Scoggins; 03-17-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks Jim,

I remember reading a post about this subject but I don't think that it was on POG. I will contact TracStar (hopefully they are easier to reach than DirecTV) and proceed with the quest for HD.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

dreamchasers Guest

I am certainly interested in this thread. We are in the beginning phases of conversion to HD TV.

I will be watching the outcome.

Thanks for you effort.

Hector

TracStar is great to deal with. I will email you the file. It is too large for me to attach here.

Default Satellites in Motion HD

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchasers View Post
    I am certainly interested in this thread. We are in the beginning phases of conversion to HD TV.
    I will be watching the outcome. Thanks for you effort. Hector

Hector, you might want to call http http://www.satellitesinmotion.com/sim070307/index.htm

They are in your neck of the woods, Lake Conroe, to be specific.

(281) 564-7287 I spoke with Debbie, but still have not done anything yet about HD. It is a lack of $$$, at the moment. They are very informative and willing to answer all your questions.

Gary S.

I'm a little hesitant about HD and the analog/digital switch in February 2009 with regards to my Marathon.

My bus has a Technlink system, which several components are transmitted to the various monitors in the coach via a video to rf converter. The techlink, for example comes on channel 106, while satellite video comes in on 102, DVD player on 104 (I think).

Going to a HD TV, which newer ones have a very good probably of not having a standard NTSC tuner would break some of this stuff.

I have been assuming that my Direct TV receiver would still continue to pick up the satellite transmissions, and deliver them via the same electronics in the bus. Might be worth worrying about ??

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by wlloydw View Post
    TracStar is great to deal with. I will email you the file. It is too large for me to attach here.
    Lloyd,

Thanks for the emails. I will try to call TracStar today to see if my SV360 is HD ready. It sounds like it is, but I will call them to make sure. Then the next step will be to get the TracStar 110 adapter which will allow me to get HD on DirecTV channel 110.

Hector,

I will post anything that I learn about this procedure. Hope it helps you.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default TracStar customer service says...

I spoke with TracStar customer service this morning. They suggested NOT buying the 110 adapter for DirecTV now because DirecTV will be changing over to satellites 103 & 99 in the near future. Satellite 110 is KU band (very narrow) and it only has a few channels presently. It would be better to wait for the switch-over.

Or, if you change from DirecTV to Dish Network you can immediately receive all of the High Definition channels now without buying anything. PLEASE BE SURE TO VERIFY THIS WITH DISH NETWORK BEFORE YOU CHANGE PROVIDERS. I am only passing on the information that was told to me this morning.

I am not going to do anything right now; I will wait until my DirecTV subscription expires and then look at my options.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Hd

Ray, you are right, those are being converted to RF, and I don't know of any solution to transport an HD signal other than HDMI cable, DVI cable, or Component Video (three single ended rca type connectors at either end).

In my humble opinion, the advantage of an HD picture on a <40 or so inch screen is negligible. Especially when seated as close to the monitors as we are in our coaches.

When seated too close, you still get the "screen door" effect, seeing tiny little squares like looking through a screen door.

Rumor is that in a near future dish, you will have the availability of in motion internet service in a dome type dish. Now that would be worth waiting for!